This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mewtwo is near guaranteed, Genesect chances boosted

#1victinivcreate1Posted 2/12/2013 8:02:34 AM
This movie title alone near guarantees Mewtwo's chances and gives Genesect a popularity boost

Extremespeed Genesect: The Reawakening of Mewtwo

YES YES MEWTWO VS GENESECT!

Mewtwo-Hello Steel plated bug
Genesect-*cannor begins to whir and blasts Ice
Mewtwo-*tosses shadow ball

Explosion

ice chunks filled with dark energy fly everywhere
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#2GenoPosted 2/12/2013 8:35:30 AM
I think this gives good odds for Mewtwo's return, but I don't honestly think it'll do much for Genesect. By the time this game comes out this movie will be afterthought. I'd consider whatever movies they have in the pipeline first.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#3Alias15XPosted 2/12/2013 8:39:22 AM
Did anyone ever really doubt that Mewtwo wasn't popular? I'm not going to say Mewtwo is "confirmed" after this movie, but I will say that "relevancy" definitely cannot be lobbed against him as a negative anymore.
---
Bad Games corrupt good minds absolutely... NOT
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/12/2013 8:39:49 AM
You forgot the fact that Gen 6 is coming out very soon.

Also, Charizard and Dragonite.
#5Alias15XPosted 2/12/2013 8:49:48 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

I don't think that really affects anything at this point. We might get a couple of Pokéball fillers, but the Pokémon that become playable have some kind of base popularity behind them.

Because I know Lucario will come up, I need remind everyone he had a movie that was out for a year, giving him some time to grow on people. My two cents... ^_^
---
Bad Games corrupt good minds absolutely... NOT
#6victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:22:53 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Well they are defenitly promoting Mewtwo and Gene moreso than any 6th gen currently

and the movie title means it stars both of them
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#7TyranidomegaPosted 2/12/2013 12:03:44 PM
Both Genesect and Mewtwo in Smash bros would be awesome. Just put Ridley in, and this would be a day 1 buy(well, it still would be with Mewtwo and/or Genesect. But Ridley would be such a bonus).
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#8reaverzPosted 2/12/2013 12:33:01 PM
Really, all the movie did today was solidify Mewtwo's chances of returning. Genesect might be like Deoxys in that it has no real personality to draw from. Not to mention that Lucario is still as prevalent in the Pokemon games and anime as ever. I wouldn't be so quick to count out Lucario, especially when Sakurai went to such lengths at making him unique among characters in Brawl.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9Doug314Posted 2/12/2013 12:51:48 PM
It is incredibly illogical to think that a movie could give a character nearly guaranteed chances. Plenty of characters have already been in movies and didn't get into Smash. I think, "Increased by 5-10%" would be more accurate.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#10BurnumMasterPosted 2/12/2013 12:53:04 PM
Doug314 posted...
It is incredibly illogical to think that a movie could give a character nearly guaranteed chances. Plenty of characters have already been in movies and didn't get into Smash. I think, "Increased by 5-10%" would be more accurate.

There was a movie with Mario, Luigi, and Bowser and they got in.
---
GT:BurnumMaster