Mewtwo is near guaranteed, Genesect chances boosted

#11PT_PiranhaPosted 2/12/2013 2:04:10 PM
Did Sakurai watch the movie and think "Now I'm definitely going to put Mewtwo in this game for sure" or something?
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#12victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:24:26 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Did Sakurai watch the movie and think "Now I'm definitely going to put Mewtwo in this game for sure" or something?

Thats not the point.

If Sakurai puts his top choices, then people would rage over the inclusion of Lip (I actually think she is a cool character).

Since Mewtwo just got relevant with the movie, this bumps his chances by 10% and now there is no reason for Sakurai to NOT include Mewtwo (because Sakurai doesn't hate Mewtwo, if he did then why was he in melee?)

And Genesect is fairly popular, I might be pushing it, but I would say he is the most popular 5th gen candidate for smash that has decent chances.

6th gen I have not seen any promotion for as of now.

So it is safe to say that Genesect is more popular than Chespin, that new eevee (http://www.serebii.net/corocoro213.jpg), Fennekin, Froakie, Yveltal (the coolest bird since Pidgeot) and Xerneas (puts Stantler to shame).

(However I prefer Hydreigon)
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#13PT_PiranhaPosted 2/12/2013 2:34:42 PM
I think with Pokemon, the only relevance Nintendo cares about is whether or not it's the newest generation.

And even then, surely you're not forgetting that Sakurai can, at any time, throw his hands up and say, "screw it, I'm going to make Feebas playable instead of anyone".

It also depends on the type of developer he is. Mewtwo could have been in Brawl, but ultimately wasn't. Now, is Sakurai the type of guy who'd say "oh now I can do this that I couldn't before", or would he be more likely to say "well this worked out even without that one thing, so I don't really need to put it back in"? And remember not to just go by what you want.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#14TyranidomegaPosted 2/12/2013 2:48:09 PM(edited)
victinivcreate1 posted...
PT_Piranha posted...

Thats not the point.

If Sakurai puts his top choices, then people would rage over the inclusion of Lip (I actually think she is a cool character).

Since Mewtwo just got relevant with the movie, this bumps his chances by 10% and now there is no reason for Sakurai to NOT include Mewtwo (because Sakurai doesn't hate Mewtwo, if he did then why was he in melee?)

And Genesect is fairly popular, I might be pushing it, but I would say he is the most popular 5th gen candidate for smash that has decent chances.

6th gen I have not seen any promotion for as of now.

So it is safe to say that Genesect is more popular than Chespin, that new eevee (http://www.serebii.net/corocoro213.jpg), Fennekin, Froakie, Yveltal (the coolest bird since Braviary) and Xerneas (puts Stantler to shame).

(However I prefer Hydreigon)

Fix'd to fit my opinion
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#15PT_PiranhaPosted 2/12/2013 2:51:08 PM
You kept that whole big thing just to say that you liked Braviary more than Pidgeot or whatever the other guy said?
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."
#16victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:01:51 AM
Either way, I'm hyped for this movie now.

That Mewtwo vs. Genesect now will happen (unless Mewtwo created all the other Genesects and Shinysect was the original created by plasma and Shinysect and Mewtwo are friends)
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#17_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/13/2013 7:11:52 AM
I dont understand how people are just now thinking genesects chances are going up. this movie was announced months ago.
but Ill be bappy if he gets in.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#18RevOn_DXPosted 2/13/2013 7:23:58 AM
OMG!!!! Blockbuster event!!!
---
Dead or Alive: Dimensions! Prepare for Busts, Ninjas, and Busty Ninjas
Samus WILL be in Dead or Alive 5 for Wii-U! Bank on it!
#19victinivcreate1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:39:40 AM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
I dont understand how people are just now thinking genesects chances are going up. this movie was announced months ago.
but Ill be happy if he gets in.

Fix'd for u.

It raises chances for Genesect because this means Genesect and Mewtwo have some sort of relation

(not the obvious ones like being man made and psycho scientists (Dr. Zager cough)

But they share something more improtant than that
---
#20UberPyro64Posted 2/13/2013 7:51:59 AM
victinivcreate1 posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
but Ill be happy if he gets in.

Fix'd for u.

It raises chances for Genesect because this means Genesect and Mewtwo have some sort of relation

(not the obvious ones like being man made and psycho scientists (Dr. Zager cough)

But they share something more improtant than that

But what if he meant he wanted to be bappy?

Being happy is great but being bappy...well there is nothing else like it.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png