I hope Sakurai IGNORES Pokemon gen 6

#1dedekongPosted 2/12/2013 2:04:07 PM
Sakurai recently tweeted to Masuda that he had no idea about Pokemon gen 6, and pretty much anything newly related to Pokemon. This means that nothing in Sakurai's initial document for Smash Wii/3ds involved any of the new pokemon stuff that has been announced recently. This includes Mewtwo's "revival" as well.

I think it's safe to say... if Sakurai wants to include gen 6 stuff, this game will be delayed and take even longer to be released. Modeling, and programming new pokemon into this game is just going to take up more time. I hope they ignore it completely and maybe leave it for DLC or something.
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/12/2013 2:04:55 PM
Game Freak is not going to let Sakurai ignore the newest generation.

Gen 6 needs promotion via Smash.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#3ssj_duelistPosted 2/12/2013 2:05:50 PM
Brawl was delayed for Sonic, same would apply here.
#4dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:07:56 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Game Freak is not going to let Sakurai ignore the newest generation.

Uh... Pokemon is a bigger franchise than Smash. It doesn't "need" promotion.

ssj_duelist posted...
Brawl was delayed for Sonic, same would apply here.

Hence why I hope it is ignored... >_>
#5FoxMakinWafflesPosted 2/12/2013 2:09:33 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/424-hikaru-sulu.jpg
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#6goshner3Posted 2/12/2013 2:09:48 PM
Behold the power of the internet!

I hope Nintendo actually realizes how much they can do with this technology. It doesn't even need to be DLC. It can just be an update.
---
Not a Prince of Anything
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 2/12/2013 2:13:22 PM(edited)
The Twitter quote doesn't necessarily mean he knows nothing about gen 6. It shows us Sakurai has to wait for more information but the quote says nothing about what he already knows.

And for all we know, a 6th gen rep and Mewtwo could both get in.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#8GohansephirothPosted 2/12/2013 2:16:00 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
The Twitter quote doesn't necessarily mean he knows nothing about gen 6. It shows us Sakurai has to wait for more information but the quote says nothing about what he already knows.

^This

And way to go on twisting that info to your liking dedekong
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#9reaverzPosted 2/12/2013 2:16:09 PM
You're misconstruing what Sakurai said and putting words in his mouth. All he said to Masuda was that he looked forward to seeing more of Pokemon X and Y at E3. He may or may not already have Gen VI designs and concepts available to him for use in Smash Bros., but there's no way to know.

However, now that it's apparent that Gen VI won't have a "mascot" Pokemon, I too would rather just have Brawl's Pokemon roster + Mewtwo. None of Gen V's Pokemon made a big splash like Lucario, who has been the most successful Pokemon of recent times. It continues to make prominent appearances in the Pokemon games and anime. Its aura mechanics let it stand out in Brawl, and it would be a shame for Lucario to be replaced by a random Pokemon from Gen VI.

Replacing Lucario with a Gen VI Pokemon without a prominent role would be like if Brawl had Garchomp instead of Lucario...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:21:50 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

^This

And way to go on twisting that info to your liking dedekong

I didn't twist anything. Sakurai had no idea about gen 6. And logically it makes sense that he didn't, as he was busy with his own stuff... and gamefreak is top secret with their stuff.