I hope Sakurai IGNORES Pokemon gen 6

#31GohansephirothPosted 2/12/2013 6:35:58 PM
dedekong posted...
I'm sure gamefreak does have say in what goes into Smash if it is pokemon related, which is why I am hoping Sakurai tries to ignore gen 6. Sakurai has stated that he begins smash games by making a document of what he wants inside of them, so obviously when he was doing this document in 2011-2012 he didn't know anything about Gen 6

Even so, the moment he contacts gamefreak they might give him something different or he might follow what they want, theres no way hes setting things in stone before he gets assets and other stuff from the design teams of those series.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#32ViewtifulGenePosted 2/12/2013 9:04:53 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...
Your jumping to a conclusion though based on something that happened in the past, that might not be the case for this. Based on what sakurai has said it could be that they just are eager to see each others projects, theres no way to know that they havent already gotten assets from the pokemon team based on that little bit. They probably want to see what each other has done, and possibly more so if in fact sakurai has something they have given him to work with. Gamefreak definitely has say so on what goes into smash bros, and they wouldnt leave them in the dark about what was coming.
I'm sure gamefreak does have say in what goes into Smash if it is pokemon related, which is why I am hoping Sakurai tries to ignore gen 6. Sakurai has stated that he begins smash games by making a document of what he wants inside of them, so obviously when he was doing this document in 2011-2012 he didn't know anything about Gen 6

ViewtifulGene posted...
Just because he didn't know about the circle pad pro in advance, it doesn't follow that he has no sources of inside info. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Either way, the possibility is not ruled out.

Actually it supports my point that Sakurai, and most Nintendo developers, are not aware of what is going on in the different studios and development buildings. As they shouldn't be to prevent leaks and other top secret information. There is far more evidence suggesting they (sakurai/masuda) don't know anything about what the other is doing... and there was clear shock on both ends in their tweets.

This is all assumption. The tweet says absolutely nothing proving that Sakurai knows nothing. All the tweet tells us is he has to wait to know more. That tweet leaves Sakurai's current level of knowledge undefined.

Also, one can have some information while still responding with interest to new information. Sakurai appearing to act shocked does not prove that he knows nothing else.

The steak I had today tasted amazing. I look forward to eating steak on Friday. How many steaks did I eat this month?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#33ViewtifulGenePosted 2/12/2013 8:59:06 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Gene, you're either insanely good at alt-ing or you're lying/trolling, and I'm seriously not accusing you of either, but I don't know what to believe at this point.

So congratulations, maybe.

To deceive one's friends is to deceive one's enemies. If anyone knew my true motive the whole plan would fall apart.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#34FoxMakinWafflesPosted 2/12/2013 9:10:32 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Gene, you're either insanely good at alt-ing or you're lying/trolling, and I'm seriously not accusing you of either, but I don't know what to believe at this point.

So congratulations, maybe.

To deceive one's friends is to deceive one's enemies. If anyone knew my true motive the whole plan would fall apart.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbfb9d8dw51qjyqyeo1_1280.jpg
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu