The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

My HUGE character roster

#1Jakerific44Posted 2/12/2013 7:59:26 PM
This roster has 60 characters, which is extremely unrealistic, I know. But other than that, how do you guys like it? Suggestions? Please be nice, this is my first attempt at a character roster.

LINK: http://i.imgur.com/HP5G3rv.png

MARIO:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

DK:
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

MARIO (AGAIN):
Yoshi
Birdo

WARIO:
Wario
Ashley
Waluigi

FZERO:
Captain Falcon

ICE CLIMBERS:
Ice Climbers

LEGEND OF ZELDA:
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Groose

METROID:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Adam Malkovich
Dark Samus

KID ICARUS:
Pit
Palutena
Magnus

GAME & WATCH:
Mr. Game & Watch

PIKMIN:
Olimar

KIRBY:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

TALES (Namco)
Luke Fon Fabre
Lloyd

POKEMON:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Mewtwo
Genesect

STARFOX:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

MISC.:
R.O.B.

FIRE EMBLEM:
Chrom
Lucina
Marth
Roy
Ike

EARTHBOUND:
Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Lucas

OTHER (Third Party):
Pacman
Sonic
Terra Branford
Cloud Strife
Snake

I added Final Fantasy characters because I already added Geno, who is owned by SE as well.
---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
Going to go a year without playing 3DS. Started 1/14/13. Ended 1/14/13
#2Jakerific44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:04:06 PM
Ah, crap. I forgot Shulk. Pretend that Shulk is on here XD.
---
#3GenoPosted 2/12/2013 8:13:40 PM
Best roster ever, if only for Geno, a whopping FIVE Mother reps, and Terra.

10/10 would read again.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#4_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 8:20:02 PM
Geno: I have no objections to the idea of Geno, but I think there are others that warrant inclusion over him. Unfortunately the list is rather long, so even if I'd have a lot of fun playing as him I wouldn't be really happy he's in due to that.

K. Rool: Kind of like Geno, except as far as DK reps go he's at the top, though that says more about the lack of appeal they have for me than anything about K. Rool himself, as I don't like him any.

Birdo: Not in the slightest, most remote way does s/he warrant inclusion in SSBU, or SSB in general as a playable character. Especially not as a Yoshi rep. If you want to give Yoshi a new figure, someone from his games at all would be better, whether it be Kamek or... maybe someone from the new game.

Ashley: I'm in favor of her inclusion, mostly due to the fact I like magic users, but I don't think Wario needs three reps. However, that's easily solved.

Waluigi: Should not be in as a Wario rep. Whether he deserves inclusion or not, he is not part of the Wario series, and his inclusion here feels like a mirror of Birdo, both of whom are here solely do to Mario spin-off series pairing them with the figure of that series. I'm against his inclusion either way though.

Sheik: I'm for Sheik and Zelda being split, but I think Impa makes more sense as an inclusion. Due to Zelda being the more important of the two, I'm responding to Sheik's spot on the roster instead.

Groose: No. Due to this inclusion and several others I doubt the sincerity of your list representing what you want to see, but either way, Groose should not be in. As much as I dislike him being in SSBU Ghirahim makes more sense, as at least his role in Skyward Sword is more important, whereas Groose is ultimately not. However, neither are really deserving of representing the Zelda series.

Zero Suit Samus: I'm in favor of Samus/ZSS being split as well, even if it arguably makes more sense for them to be connected than Zelda/Sheik.

Ridley: I believe he deserves inclusion in SSB as a playable character, I just hope that this time it happens.

Adam: No. All I'll say on that really, for a number of reasons his inclusion is a poor choice, though Metroid lacks much that works.

Dark Samus: I think this represents another viable new character. They could differentiate the two easily enough, or go a Luigi route. But at least the size works well enough to make it happen.

Palutena: I'm hoping and, to an extent, expecting her inclusion in SSB, though not as much as I hoped for others pre-Brawl. Her inclusion would be a good way to represent the KI series.

Magnus: Is not who would represent the KI Series well. If KI gets a third representative, he is one of the last choices I would pick. Medusa or Hades (as much as I feel Medusa deserves it more) make far more sense. Magnus is not important enough to the series as a whole, or KIU individually, to warrant inclusion over those two.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#5_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 8:32:35 PM
Luke: Ultimately, while not a bad character, he doesn't represent Nintendo's history with Namco or the Tales series itself very well. However, the larger issue with his inclusion is the fact that there are two Tales representatives. As much as I may like the Tales series, I don't think Namco itself warrants two figures in Smash (nor do I think any 3rd party do), let alone two Tales figures. The series is great, but it isn't the only factor in Nintendo's history with Namco. Even if you went with two, Cless makes more sense, as the "Marth" of the Tales series.

Lloyd: Makes more sense than Luke, but that's really the only positive. I'm not a big fan of Lloyd, but his two games are a lot more important to Nintendo than TotA for the 3DS is, or so I feel.

Charizard: I am in favor of splitting up the Pokemon Trainer, if just because I prefer individual characters. I am not in favor of dropping everyone else and leaving Charizard.

Mewtwo: Should return for this game, and I definitely hope he does, but I'll understand if he doesn't. Still, I'm happy to see him on here.

Genesect: I'm more or less neutral on him. I can't see him being as fun as Lucario (who should not be cut from the roster, so that's a negative there as well), but I'm not really against him, just against Pokemon having a large roster.

Krystal: So long as she uses the staff and a unique moveset, I'm in favor of her as a fourth Starfox character. I don't think Starfox should have four characters thought, but out of a roster of 60 I guess it's not as important.

Chrom: I think he deserves inclusion. I don't really think Fire Emblem is important enough to people as a whole to have five characters though, but Chrom being one of four is fine with me.

Lucina: I'm against her inclusion. FE Awakening has other characters they could use which would help increase roster diversity, as well as representing the game still. FE as a whole definitely has more potential.

Roy: I'd like to see him return if he has a unique moveset, but I don't really expect it.

Mother: Honestly, summing it up with one thing is simpler, as my thoughts on the series as a whole apply to the individuals chosen. Mother shouldn't have such a large chunk of the roster, and even if it were to have that many figures they shouldn't be Mother 2 + Lucas. Others from the series are worthy of being in, and would represent the series better. Less characters, and if three were in, not having it be solely from Mother 2, would be best.

Pac-Man: Fine with his inclusion, but not with Namco having three reps, I missed him when I did the Tales part. I think Tales would be more fun than him though.

Final Fantasy: No. Terra perhaps, Cloud is an absolute no. But there are other figures they could use which would represent SE more as well as Nintendo's history with them.

Overall it could be worse, but a couple of choices are incredibly bad.
---
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#6PlasmaCannonPosted 2/12/2013 8:42:50 PM
Automatic 0/10 for Cloud.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#7Jakerific44(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:30:44 PM(edited)
UPDATE:

Added Shulk (again)

Is this better? 51 characters, I got rid of a bunch of characters (like Cloud) and added a couple (like Medusa).

MARIO:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

DK:
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

YOSHI:
Yoshi

WARIO:
Wario
Ashley

FZERO:
Captain Falcon

ICE CLIMBERS:
Ice Climbers

LEGEND OF ZELDA:
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim

METROID:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus

KID ICARUS:
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

GAME & WATCH:
Mr. Game & Watch

PIKMIN:
Olimar

KIRBY:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

TALES (Namco)
Lloyd

POKEMON:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Genesect

STARFOX:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

MISC.:
R.O.B.

FIRE EMBLEM:
Chrom
Marth
Roy
Ike

EARTHBOUND:
Ness
Lucas

XENOBLADE:
Shulk

OTHER (Third Party):
Pacman
Sonic
Terra Branford
Snake
---
#8FoxMakinWafflesPosted 2/12/2013 9:20:45 PM
While Charizard is my favorite PT Pokemon, why remove Pokemon Trainer?
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#9MichaelollPosted 2/12/2013 9:22:08 PM
update has no waluigi? A LOT better.
#10_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 9:25:23 PM
Better, though I have no objections to a sixty roster, just the characters used (or in some cases the places they were in).
---