This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The 3 blue-haired sworsman thing isn't the main reason why I don't want....

#1Vegeta1000Posted 2/12/2013 8:24:28 PM
Marth, Ike and Chrome to be the FE reps. I want a non-sword user to be added. We're talking about a series that has characters use all types of weapons. I don't think having all sword users would be a good way to represent the series.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2FoxMakinWafflesPosted 2/12/2013 8:25:25 PM
Let's just give Chrom some brass knucks.
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#3_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 8:29:52 PM
Chrom and Ike could use a different weapon. Barring one or two things Ike's moveset could even be more or less the same if he used an Axe instead of a Sword. I think the main issue is the sword wielding Lords are the more iconic ones, and a non-Lord is incredibly unlikely. I'd like Micaiah myself, she'd be vastly different than the existing FE reps, but her odds are immensely small.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#4LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/12/2013 8:46:19 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
Chrom and Ike could use a different weapon. Barring one or two things Ike's moveset could even be more or less the same if he used an Axe instead of a Sword.

This.

Almost any moveset that you can give to a spear or axe user could work for a sword user.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#5_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 8:58:56 PM
I kind of disagree on the Spear bit. You could probably make a sword moveset function like a spear one, but it'd feel very... odd. And even then still plenty one can do with a spear that would be unique. Though the reason why I want more weapon types is that it's a core part of FE. The fact Kirby seems more likely to get the triangle before FE is kind of odd as well.
---
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#6LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/12/2013 9:02:33 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
I kind of disagree on the Spear bit. You could probably make a sword moveset function like a spear one, but it'd feel very... odd.

I imagine that a spear moveset would involve a ton of stabbing, which isn't exactly limited to spear users.

And even then still plenty one can do with a spear that would be unique.

Examples would be nice.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#7_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 9:06:20 PM
It'd feel very... awkward for a sword user to have a moveset consisting only of stabs and thrusts. And using the spear in a staff like manner would be my suggestion, so basically (as it's the simplest method) comparing Seong-Mina to Raphael from the Soul Calibur series is more how I'd see it. Though SSB being what it is makes it a bit trickier to make elaborate movesets, yet at the same time means that you don't need to make too much different in a way to make it unique.
---
#8Belmont_92Posted 2/12/2013 9:07:50 PM
Ike's signature weapon is Ragnell, and Chrom's is Falchion. You could have them use different weapons, but it wouldn't be right. It would be similar to giving Link the Biggoron sword as his default weapon instead of the Master Sword.

However, maybe Sakurai can have some fun with Chrom's (and Awakenings) reclass ability, by allowing Chrom to use a bow or lance for some attacks, but primarily relying on Falchion. I'm not suggesting a full moveset change, but some variety in weapons would be nice.

Also Ike could always get a hand axe to replace one of his moves for weapon diversity.
---
Currently Waiting for:
Blazblue CP, Castlevania LoS: MoF, Killer is Dead, Wind Waker HD, and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
#9_Sanaki_Posted 2/12/2013 9:11:47 PM
I know, hence why it's an incredibly unlikely thing. It would be preferable in some ways, but not happening. And I can't see a Hand Axe working in Ike's moveset very well. I think the moves he has work pretty well at least.

And that'd feel kind of... weird. As weird as them using a noniconic weapon. It's not like Chrom is Link after all. Who is really the one who should have a bunch of weapons as a gimmick in his A set.
---
#10Blind_The_ThiefPosted 2/12/2013 9:25:54 PM(edited)
Chrom uses a shield after he promotes so they might could incorporate that into his moveset. Not totally unique what with Link and Toon Link, but it'd be something to differentiate him from Marth/Ike/Roy. Especially if he actually attacked with it instead of just using it as a projectile blocker.

And while I wouldn't expect him to use a lance as his primary weapon, they could have him use one in one of his specials.
---
Ridley will be playable in SSB4. If he is not, I will close my account.