Gameplay expectations

#1Nomorice4UPosted 2/13/2013 1:06:42 AM
What are you expecting? Do you see another floaty smash coming or will we get a throw back to the 64 where almost anything can send you flying?
#2EarthLord_CJPosted 2/13/2013 2:08:15 AM(edited)
Word is that it's being built using Brawl as its foundation.
We could get something quite similar to what Brawl had, or it could be completely different.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#3Doug314Posted 2/13/2013 2:22:57 AM
Sakurai likes different so I'd put my money on different. It may be similar to brawl but possible sped up, with more emphasis on attacking, slightly higher gravity, better controls, more stages, a new B move per character, and slightly altered movesets of almost everyone.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#4EarthLord_CJPosted 2/13/2013 2:47:43 AM
Doug314 posted...
Sakurai likes different so I'd put my money on different. It may be similar to brawl but possible sped up, with more emphasis on attacking, slightly higher gravity, better controls, more stages, a new B move per character, and slightly altered movesets of almost everyone.

Well, considering the high likelihood that Sakurai will endeavour to make use of the new buttons on the GamePad and GamePad Pro, one can assume that there'll be a good deal more functions than previously. He most likely, in the development of Brawl, considered how the game could be played while making the Gamecube controller a viable control scheme to use.
That being said, there's always the possibility of very few new mechanics relying purely on the new controller inputs.

So, my assumptions on the matter are that:

-Either older mechanics that shared button inputs would be moved to make the control scheme somewhat easier to understand (eg. grabs don't share the input with shielding like they used to, and are instead moved to the 'trigger' buttons),

OR

-New mechanics utilise the extra buttons, ultimately keeping the game more familiar to veteran Smash players, while still leaving room for newer inputs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#5skapenancePosted 2/13/2013 2:52:45 AM
Honestly, I just hope Sakurai takes out tripping...that was the most useless addition ever (if anything tripping could stay on icy/slippery stages....but keep it away from everything else.
---
Founder of the Late Night Crew
Name: Brett Town: Solaero FC: 3008-2156-8818
#6Someguy_13Posted 2/13/2013 5:01:49 AM
Something new and different, that's closer to Melee than Brawl.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7EJWPosted 2/13/2013 5:33:56 AM
I want something closer to 64.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.