Canonically, who are the Top 3 strongest Smash characters?

#1LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/13/2013 3:17:18 AM
It's pretty obvious that Sonic would be #1. Samus would be around the top, too.

I haven't played Kid Icarus or any of the Kirby games, and I've heard Pit is pretty strong too.

Thoughts?
---
Long live the Hero of Winds!
#2Gobstoppers12Posted 2/13/2013 3:21:14 AM
Link could take them all on.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#3LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:24:22 AM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Link could take them all on.

If we combine every single Link's power into one body, he could stand a chance against some of the strongest characters. He would still be destroyed by Sonic, Samus and the like.
---
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/13/2013 3:24:39 AM
Between Samus, Link, Pit, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Kirby and Meta Knight.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#5alpha-apePosted 2/13/2013 3:25:56 AM
1. Samus
2. Pit
3. Although I hate to admit it, Mewtwo.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#6LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:28:20 AM
alpha-ape posted...
1. Samus
2. Pit

What about Sonic?

Super Sonic, in terms of power and speed destroys Samus & Mewtwo. I can't really judge Pit since I haven't played his game(s).
---
#7Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/13/2013 3:31:39 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
alpha-ape posted...
1. Samus
2. Pit

What about Sonic?

Super Sonic, in terms of power and speed destroys Samus & Mewtwo. I can't really judge Pit since I haven't played his game(s).

Super Sonic is not unlimited. Its temporal, Mewtwo can just Teleport and play with him until his time runs out, and Samus can make him retreat with missiles like Biolizard did in Adventure two.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#8LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:35:31 AM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
alpha-ape posted...
1. Samus
2. Pit

What about Sonic?

Super Sonic is not unlimited. Its temporal, Mewtwo can just Teleport and play with him until his time runs out, and Samus can make him retreat with missiles like Biolizard did in Adventure two.

Since SA2, Sonic has gotten far stronger and can use Super Sonic for far longer. Also, I doubt Mewtwo's teleportation is enough for Sonic to not be able to catch him.

In Generations, Sonic could kill Perfect Chaos in his normal form. Even in normal form, Sonic would destroy Mewtwo. Perfect Chaos >>>>>> Mewtwo.
---
#9Gobstoppers12Posted 2/13/2013 3:38:48 AM
So basically it's a Sonic fanboy topic.

Mewtwo could dominate Sonic in several ways. You say that Perfect Chaos is stronger than Mewtwo, but Chaos only has strength related to water and some energy beams.

He's a glorified Gyarados, honestly. And we've seen what Mewtwo can do to a Gyarados in the first Pokemon movie.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#10LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:45:41 AM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
So basically it's a Sonic fanboy topic.

Mewtwo could dominate Sonic in several ways. You say that Perfect Chaos is stronger than Mewtwo, but Chaos only has strength related to water and some energy beams.

He's a glorified Gyarados, honestly. And we've seen what Mewtwo can do to a Gyarados in the first Pokemon movie.

And here I wanted to have a decent conversation and someone jumps in and uses the word 'fanboy'. If you can't discuss things in a civilized manner, then just leave. Sonic fanboy =/= someone discussing Smash characters' power.

I've only watched the 1st Pokemon movie, so I'm not sure if Mewtwo has done anything outside of that movie that puts him ahead, but from what I've seen, Perfect Chaos would stomp him.

A being that has the power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds isn't just a glorified Gyarados, lol.

Also, Mewtwo wouldn't be able to take on Dark Gaia from Unleashed. Nor would Samus.
---