This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Mewtwo

#1Watzup7856Posted 2/13/2013 1:16:04 PM
i honestly want to know why people think Mewtwo is a sure thing to come back.

Sakurai may not have wanted to cut him, but tell me why this man who decided to delay the game twice, and one time being for Sonic's inclusion. tell me why he didn't delay it for Mewtwo? he could of delayed the game again for him, but didn't. so what makes you guys think he'll definitely be back?
---
Ninten, Masked Man, Megaman, Prince Sable,and Sukapon for SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!!
3DS friend code: 3523-2217-5362
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/13/2013 1:18:54 PM
We don't think he'll definitely be back. We just believe it's a possibility.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/13/2013 1:21:42 PM
Who knows. The pokemon company could had said they don't want him in anymore.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#4alpha-apePosted 2/13/2013 1:24:38 PM
Because it's popular and it's going to appear in a movie. I don't think Mewtwo will make it because Gen 1 is already overrepped (Pika and Jiggs deserve it more), it got cut (Sakurai would've chosen other characters to cut if he wanted Mewtwo to return) and there are more deserving characters to make their debut in Smash. I think its chances are overrated.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 2/13/2013 1:28:17 PM
Because there's a limit to how many times a developer is willing to delay a game? Because there's a limit to how many times consumers are willing to accept delays for a game? Because there's a limit to how many times publishers are willing to accept delays to a game?

I'm not saying he's confirmed. But if time was constrained, it's not like Sakurai necessarily had the luxury of delaying the game as many times as necessary to add everything he wanted to add.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#6Watzup7856(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:35:57 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Because there's a limit to how many times a developer is willing to delay a game? Because there's a limit to how many times consumers are willing to accept delays for a game? Because there's a limit to how many times publishers are willing to accept delays to a game?

I'm not saying he's confirmed. But if time was constrained, it's not like Sakurai necessarily had the luxury of delaying the game as many times as necessary to add everything he wanted to add.

true, but Sakurai also went through adding unnecessary stuff like chronicle and masterpieces,and 700 different stickers all with unique stats.

(tbh i didn't mind the stickers, but it did feel unnecessary and a chore to collect)
---
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 2/13/2013 1:38:13 PM
Watzup7856 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

true, but Sakurai also went through adding unnecessary stuff like chronicle and masterpieces,and 700 different stickers all with unique stats.

(tbh i didn't mind the stickers, but it did feel unnecessary and a chore to collect)

So Sakurai didn't want to focus solely on the roster. I don't see how that changes anything.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#8Watzup7856(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:44:33 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Watzup7856 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

So Sakurai didn't want to focus solely on the roster. I don't see how that changes anything.

well if he cared enough about a certain characters inclusion, he probably would of put more priority on that than the unnecessary things he added
---
#9ViewtifulGenePosted 2/13/2013 2:09:23 PM
Watzup7856 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Watzup7856 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

well if he cared enough about a certain characters inclusion, he probably would of put more priority on that than the unnecessary things he added

Not necessarily. For all we know he could've thought those new features were necessary for distinguishing the game from Melee whereas retaining an old character was not. That doesn't mean he thinks the character's priority is so low it's insignificant. It means he prioritized something other than characters and didn't get the time to add every single character.
---
#10SmallerRidleyPosted 2/13/2013 3:38:12 PM
Chronicle and stickers couldn't have taken very long at all. They're a list and pictures with nicely round numbers attached to them.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods