Has anyone brought up the possibility of 2 Monolith Soft reps?

#1Dustof_DryBonesPosted 2/13/2013 8:07:56 PM
And by 2 Monolith Soft reps, I really mean to say Shulk and whoever the main character in Monolith's new game is going to be (assuming it isn't Shulk again, of course).

The reason I bring this up is because of this article in particular:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/monolith_soft_enjoying_its_closer_relationship_with_nintendo

Due to Nintendo's commitment to making this new Xeno game a commercial success, I can see the Xeno franchise as being the new FE (in Melee) of this iteration. That is, two newcomers: the former is included due to prevalence (Marth; Shulk), the latter due to promotional reasons (Roy; MC of Monolith's new game).

Any thoughts on this or am I getting ahead of myself?
---
Ahoy, matey!
#2DasDavidPosted 2/13/2013 8:24:44 PM
I... had not thought of this. But I don't think it's unreasonable at all actually. I hate to sound like one of those that looks at a previous "pattern" (two games is hardly enough to form a pattern) as a way of guessing about the next title, but I still think that to me this makes sense.
#3MottmanPosted 2/13/2013 8:38:01 PM
Anything that gets me Shulk and a Xenoblade stage works for me, so this is fine. I suppose it makes sense when you look at what they did in Melee with two Fire Emblem characters.

That said, I think I would be more than a little annoyed if Shulk DIDN'T get in, and the new hero from "X" did.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#4Dustof_DryBones(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:47:38 PM
Mottman posted...
Anything that gets me Shulk and a Xenoblade stage works for me, so this is fine. I suppose it makes sense when you look at what they did in Melee with two Fire Emblem characters.

That said, I think I would be more than a little annoyed if Shulk DIDN'T get in, and the new hero from "X" did.

I would also prefer Shulk over X's MC, but yeah, I'm thinking we might be lucky enough to get both. And if we do, X's new MC should definitely have a DOLL as his Final Smash. =P
---
Ahoy, matey!
#5a_fartn_SpartanPosted 2/13/2013 11:18:54 PM
Roy was a clone and padded the roster. No one else has the magical blade Shulk has (I'm guessing), so no one could use the same character model or most of the moves Shulk uses. Considering the series has 1 game, 2 reps for 2 games seems unreasonable. Plus some fanbase is bound to get mad because there isn't a Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Mother, F-Zero, Kirby, etc newcomer.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#6sumostickfigurePosted 2/13/2013 11:45:30 PM
No one else has the magical blade Shulk has (I'm guessing)

Dunban does. He could basically work like a Pichu version of Shulk and damage himself when he attacks with the Monado.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#7Dustof_DryBones(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:53:03 AM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Roy was a clone and padded the roster. No one else has the magical blade Shulk has (I'm guessing), so no one could use the same character model or most of the moves Shulk uses. Considering the series has 1 game, 2 reps for 2 games seems unreasonable. Plus some fanbase is bound to get mad because there isn't a Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Mother, F-Zero, Kirby, etc newcomer.

Fair enough, but the argument I'm making is that unlike a 5th Mario rep, a 6th Zelda rep, a 4th Kirby rep, and a 3rd DKC rep, a 2nd Xeno rep would actually serve a purpose to Nintendo (i.e. for promotional reasons). And really, fanbases will get "mad" no matter what the roster ends up being, no? >_>
---
Ahoy, matey!
#8MctiasPosted 2/14/2013 6:43:07 AM
Considering this is the franchise that made Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon, it's pretty safe to assume that the only thing that two characters need to share in common is shape, in this case humanoid.
#9Dustof_DryBones(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:26:24 AM
Mctias posted...
Considering this is the franchise that made Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon, it's pretty safe to assume that the only thing that two characters need to share in common is shape, in this case humanoid.

I really don't think they would turn the new guy into a clone of Shulk. I'm pretty sure Sakurai is done including clones in this franchise (or at least, I hope so).
---
Ahoy, matey!
#10The_KoreyPosted 2/14/2013 8:55:28 AM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Plus some fanbase is bound to get mad because there isn't a Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Mother, F-Zero, Kirby, etc newcomer.

Who cares???
---
The Korey: Belligerent thundering since 1988.
http://i50.tinypic.com/10y1b3t.jpg