This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hypothetical: A fighting game crossing over between many companies is announced.

#11Nick of FivePosted 2/15/2013 7:30:21 AM
Strategically speaking, I want my biggest-selling brands in the spotlight. Those are Mario, Pokemon and the Wii titles. It's hard to incorporate the Miis, so I would focus on the other two franchises heavily, although I wouldn't object to a Mii fighter.

I believe Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser are the four obvious from the Mario series. Yoshi and Donkey Kong also have weight in the Mario universe (although now considered spin-offs) through the Kart games. I wouldn't object to Wario or Toad over DK or Luigi either.

For Pokemon, Pikachu is the obvious choice. Charizard and Mewtwo are recognizable to anyone who has played any generation, so I would also include him. I'm not too keen on newer generations, but from a marketing standpoint I want to get new characters out there as well as the classics. Taking a random sampling, Tyranitar, Groudon and Zekrom are three from different generations that seem popular and I would include them. If you wanted to swap any or all the last five out for other or newer Pokemon, I'd have no objections.

It's a heavy Pokemon list. I'm not a big fan, but if that's what is selling then that's what people are playing. We all assume we won't be getting half of those six in SSB4, but include them in the hypothetical crossover and you could have a fraction of the 14.6 million people that bought Black and White make this game an instant purchase.

I would focus on three other franchise to have one-character representation with my remaining choices. Link, Samus and Kirby fill out the roster for me, representing different styles and different genres while keeping the historical Nintendo theme.

tl;dr, Here's my list.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Charizard
Mewtwo
Tyranitar
Groudon
Zekrom
Link
Samus
Kirby
---
OSUMB (WB) || KKPsi || Trillion Man March
#12Davidk92Posted 2/15/2013 8:37:33 AM
frostedflake77 posted...
Alrighty, in the spirit of Valentine's day I shall make a super special selection with the power of love and frilly pink and red stuff!

1. Peach
2. Daisy
3. Rosalina
4. Zelda
5. Krystal
6. Jigglypuff
7. Zero Suit Samus
8. Lyn
9. Birdo
10. Jody Summers
11. Wendy O. Koopa
12. Captain Syrup
13. Lip
14. Palutena
15. Candy Kong

A Valentine's Day roster and no Captain Fabulous? I am shocked, dear sir.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#13Charizard18Posted 2/15/2013 8:49:50 AM
Ness
Poo
Jeff
Paula
Teddy
Porky
Lucas
Masked Man
Kumatora
Duster
Flint
Boney
Salsa
Starman
Zubat
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#14IngSlayerPosted 2/15/2013 8:56:36 AM
1) Mr. Game & Watch
2) Mario
3) Donkey Kong
4) Yoshi
5) Wario
6) Link
7) Samus
8) Pit
9) Marth
10) Captain Falcon