Super Smash Canon: Round 2: Fight 6: Samus vs. Snake at New Pork City

#1Goshner2Posted 2/15/2013 11:04:21 AM
Read the OP before voting - Results (39 votes)
Samus
76.92% (30 votes)
Snake
23.08% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is an idea I've had for a while. Which of the smashers would win in a tournament if they had all their powers available to them and we weren't in control of them? In other words, it's a battle based on how strong they are canonically!

Who fights whom and where they fight has been decided by randomthingychooser.com. I swear, it actually picked these fights. Some of them are amazing coincidences.

Here's how this is going to work. Each topic (like every other day or so), there will be a fight to vote on. Before voting, read the OP. I will have listed things to consider in the fight. Here are a few rules/things to expect:

1. As a default, all characters have every ability/item they have ever had in any canon game available to them unless I specify otherwise. I will almost always specify that godlike items such as the Star Rod or the completed Triforce do not count.

2. Items and abilities do not stack. For example, Link will have 99 arrows because that is the max he has ever had in any game (and, yes, Link in this tournament is a combination of all Links).

3. Any ability or item or whatever that occurs as a result of a glitch or a cheat does not count.

4. I will tell you anything relevant about their surroundings that might affect the fight in any way.

5. Any contradiction between games I will resolve (if I don't please point it out to me and I will make a ruling). For example, Yoshi will not dissolve in water.

6. Health should not be taken literally. In other words, Mario doesn't die in 3 hits. However, it should be taken into consideration for comparisons. For example, while Mario doesn't actually die in 3 hits, 3 points of health is still a much smaller amount than Link's 20 hearts. I won't specify an exact exchange rate for any character ever, but I'll let you interpret it as you wish.

7. Since there has been questions and confusion, I am reminding you here that I do not list everything that they can do/have. I am only listing things that I feel need to be said (and on occasion for humor).

So, here we go:

Samus:
Can screw attack infinitely or until a non-physical attack (Metroid Prime 2) damages her
If she is damaged while screw attacking, she must land before starting up again
Screw attacking requires energy to use (not like health energy but just exerts herself)
Screw attack cannot turn (Metroid Prime 3)
Has Phazon Suit (which means it is also resistant to heat and moves normally in water)
Can switch between any type of laser she has ever had
Only power beam has the wide beam effect
Only wave beam can move through solid objects
Can switch between normal and ice missiles
Can do those awesome missile abilities from Metroid Prime (also the only way for her to use Super Missiles) but it costs just as many missiles as it did in that game

Snake:
Has one of each gun with the max amount of ammo it can hold in it
Has the body of a 25 year old (not actually 25 years old because that would make him an old man)

New Pork City:
It's a big city. Lots of people for cover for Snake. However, there are also plenty of guards and other such law enforcement of the Pork variety. Snake never seems to have much trouble with such people though. It's like emits an aura of stupid that makes all non-boss enemies dumb as a bag of rocks. Plenty of tall buildings. This would probably work to Samus's advantage; higher up location to shoot at him from. The people are in a panic over the fight. This means they are unpredictable and could easily get in the way of shots. However, the city is big enough that only the streets they are fighting on are in a panic. If they move to a new street without fighting, the people will be unaware until a shot is fired.
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#2Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:05:12 AM
Round 1:

Fight 1: Bowser vs. Mario at Hyrule Field Winner: Mario

Fight 2: Pit vs. Lucario at Mute City Race Track Winner: Pit

Fight 3: Sonic vs. Samus at Norfair Winner: Samus

Fight 4: Lucas vs. Donkey Kong at Death Mountain Winner: Lucas

Fight 5: Fox vs. Ganondorf at Fountain of Dreams Winner: Ganondorf

Fight 6: Mr. Game and Watch vs. Yoshi at Delfino Plaza Winner: Yoshi

Fight 7: Luigi vs. Snake at Shadow Moses Island Winner: Snake

Fight 8: Peach vs. Ike at DK Isle Winner: Ike

Fight 9: R.O.B. vs. Falco at Corneria City Winner: Falco

Fight 10: Captain Falcon vs. Pokemon Trainer at Onett Winner: Pokemon Trainer

Fight 11: Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu at Planet Pikmin Winner: Pikachu

Fight 12: Olimar vs. Link at Gallian Countryside Winner: Link

Fight 13: Wolf vs. Marth at Central Station Winner: Wolf

Fight 14: Ness vs. Meta Knight at Diamond City Winner: Ness

Fight 15: Ice Climbers vs. Diddy Kong at Sky World Winner: Diddy Kong

Fight 16: King Dedede vs. Zelda at Spear Pillar Winner: Zelda

Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown (Animal Crossing) Winner: Kirby

Losers' FFA:

Fight 1 at Wario Woods: Winner: Sonic
Wario
Bowser
Captain Olimar
Sonic
Lucario
Marth

Fight 2 at Yoshi's Island: Winner: Meta Knight
Fox
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Meta Knight
Peach

Fight 3 at Green Greens: Winner: Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
King Dedede

Round 2:

Fight 1: Wolf vs. Meta Knight at Mt. Silver Winner: Meta Knight

Fight 2: Sonic vs. Pit at Earthwalker Kingdom Winner: Sonic

Fight 3: Pokemon Trainer vs. Link inside Nova Winner: Link

Fight 4: Diddy Kong vs. Kirby at Windfall Island Winner: Kirby

Fight 5: Mario vs. Lucas at Bowser's Castle Winner: Lucas

Fight 6: Samus vs. Snake at New Pork City

Fight 7: Pikachu vs. Yoshi at Dragon's Gate

Fight 8: Ness vs. Zelda at Krokodile Isle

Fight 9: Falco vs. Ike at Phendrana Drifts

Fight 10: Ganondorf vs. Donkey Kong at Underworld
---
#3Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:07:16 AM
Announcements/Comments/Questions section:

The Mario vs Lucas fight is close. If you haven't voted yet, you should do that. The Pit vs Sonic fight is close too.

I just want to remind people that these character do get tired. They can't just sit there performing the same action over and over again infinitely and expect to never run out of calories. Some people know why I am saying this.
---
#4CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 11:13:12 AM
Today on world's most one-sided fights!

Seriously, Nothing in Snake's arsenal can harm Samus, while any of her weaponry will easily oneshot him . The urban environment is useless for Snake since Samus can see and shoot through walls.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#5CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 11:15:44 AM
Has the body of a 25 year old (not actually 25 years old because that would make him an old man)

Not really sure how that's relevant. It's not even true. Snake did not rapidly age to maturity, and the accelerated aging began in his mid 30's.
---
#6Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:15:59 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Today on world's most one-sided fights!

Seriously, Nothing in Snake's arsenal can harm Samus, while any of her weaponry will easily oneshot him . The urban environment is useless for Snake since Samus can see and shoot through walls.

Yeah, Snake's one slight advantage is the fact that Samus probably wouldn't want to harm civilians and all of her attacks have a decently large area of effect.
---
#7Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:19:40 AM(edited)
CrystalKing5426 posted...

Not really sure how that's relevant. It's not even true. Snake did not rapidly age to maturity, and the accelerated aging began in his mid 30's.

Either way he has the body of a 25 year old man in this fight.

Also, I always interpreted it that he was always aging rapidly, we just never saw much of the effects until he became an old man (because you never really see a person aging much until then).

I only brought it up so people wouldn't be like "Hurr durr he's an old man. He'll just throw out his back!"
---
#8ViewtifulGenePosted 2/15/2013 11:29:13 AM
Samus. Modern weapons can't compete with Samus' armor and her visors **** up Snake's stealth. Even if Snake jammed Samus' x ray and thermal visors, they reboot quickly and Snake would expose himself the moment he attacked. And I don't se how Snake could take down armored Samus in one hit.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#9CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 11:38:16 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Samus. Modern weapons can't compete with Samus' armor and her visors **** up Snake's stealth. Even if Snake jammed Samus' x ray and thermal visors, they reboot quickly and Snake would expose himself the moment he attacked. And I don't se how Snake could take down armored Samus in one hit.

He couldn't even do that anyways. Ignoring that no modern technology would likely have any effect on her god-tier tech, the only jamming device Snake has that I can think of firsthand is Chaff grenades, and those just release a bunch of metal files into the air to clog devices and/or give false readings for radar.
---
#10MegaWentEvilPosted 2/15/2013 11:50:09 AM
Snake: Ohhhhhh, love hurts...
Samus: Shut up, Snake!
---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan