This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Smash Canon: Round 2: Fight 6: Samus vs. Snake at New Pork City

#11CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 10:58:13 AM
I want to hear from the two people who voted for Snake.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#12OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/15/2013 11:24:02 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...

This please. Snake is amazing, he takes on things much bigger then himself, things that no one would ever send a single person against in normal circumstances, and he does so with peak human finesse and power.

Samus is all of that + Power Suit. Also, pretty sure one of her Prime weapons is an anti-matter thing, and speed boost is pretty broken too. I love Snake, but come on.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#13UnicornTamer1Posted 2/15/2013 11:36:34 AM

Snake tosses chaff grenade - Samus' suit gets all kinds of messes up.
Unless you can show that the power suit would be immune to this; it did mess up Grey Fox good. At the very least it disables the suit's visor, ability to lock on to moving targets, etc
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
#14CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 12:41:12 PM
UnicornTamer1 posted...

Unless you can show that the power suit would be immune to this; it did mess up Grey Fox good. At the very least it disables the suit's visor, ability to lock on to moving targets, etc

Seeing as Space Pirate EMPs, which are several orders of magnitude greater than any current EMP, are barely able to mess up her vision for more than a few seconds, Chaff isn't going to do anything. I already explained how it work and that it's inferior to EMP.
---
#15OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/15/2013 12:43:59 PM(edited)
UnicornTamer1 posted...

Samus' powersuit has encountered interface screwing tech of a higher caliber than chaff grenades, and it far from completely disables you. Prime, at least, had those thunderball enemies, who appeared to be made of pure energy, and the sentry robots.

Chaff grenades, from what playing Peace Walker and googling it has shown me, seem to mostly disrupt radar signals and other long range detection equipment. Probably wouldn't even affect Samus' direct vision of him.

If worst really came to worst, Samus could just turn off her visor and then shoot him in the face anyway.
---
#16UnicornTamer1Posted 2/15/2013 12:51:05 PM
OnionOfMystery posted...
UnicornTamer1 posted...

Samus' powersuit has encountered interface screwing tech of a higher caliber than chaff grenades, and it far from completely disables you. Prime, at least, had those thunderball enemies, who appeared to be made of pure energy, and the sentry robots.

Chaff grenades, from what playing Peace Walker and googling it has shown me, seem to mostly disrupt radar signals and other long range detection equipment. Probably wouldn't even affect Samus' direct vision of him.

If worst really came to worst, Samus could just turn off her visor and then shoot him in the face anyway.

Well, in the metal gear games they can do more than disrupt radar signals, but you guys are right that Samus' tech is years ahead of Snake's.
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
#17GohansephirothPosted 2/15/2013 12:56:42 PM
Snake has the colonel issue a stand down order to samus, she complies. Snake wins
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#18OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/15/2013 12:58:42 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
Snake has the colonel issue a stand down order to samus, she complies. Snake wins

Adam's Foot-rest is a separate character, please keep the discussion on Samus and Snake.
---
#19CrystalKing5426Posted 2/15/2013 1:07:36 PM
http://www.factpile.com/237-solid-snake-vs-samus/

Keep in mind, this was before the terawatt weaponry clause was discovered, so she was canonically much, much weaker in that duel.
---
#20OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/15/2013 1:16:25 PM
http://www.factpile.com/237-solid-snake-vs-samus/

Keep in mind, this was before the terawatt weaponry clause was discovered, so she was canonically much, much weaker in that duel.

I was so scared before I clicked that, thinking someone was insane enough to give the battle to Snake.

Thank God.
---