6 things that will improve the next Smash Bros

#11AwesomeAshleyPosted 2/15/2013 2:59:56 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
Those are improvements?

Yeah, improvement is a bit of a strong word, don't you think, TC?
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
Yes, I'm THE Ashley, from Warioware.
#12UnicornTamer1Posted 2/15/2013 3:08:19 PM
agree with all those improvements
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
#13dehsooPosted 2/15/2013 3:34:58 PM
1. Cloud
2. Sora
3. Neku
4. FF7 stage
5. Kingdom Hearts Stage
6. TWEWY stage
#14SmallerRidleyPosted 2/15/2013 4:18:37 PM
NessInEagleland posted...

4. gamecube ports for the wiimotes - for the love of god, i dont want to use classic controllers...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! If you want to use a Gamecube controller, go play a Gamecube game. We're talking about Wii U things here.

Adapt and survive or be left behind. It's the name of the game, not just in video games but in life in general. Besides, if you can't adapt to a new controller, how could you possibly adapt to what your opponents might do in the game?

tl;dr Suck it up, grow a pair, and play the game with the controller(s) it will be designed to be played with.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65409814

Please place all tears in this bin. |____________|
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#15NessInEagleland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:43:21 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
NessInEagleland posted...

4. gamecube ports for the wiimotes - for the love of god, i dont want to use classic controllers...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! If you want to use a Gamecube controller, go play a Gamecube game. We're talking about Wii U things here.

Adapt and survive or be left behind. It's the name of the game, not just in video games but in life in general. Besides, if you can't adapt to a new controller, how could you possibly adapt to what your opponents might do in the game?

tl;dr Suck it up, grow a pair, and play the game with the controller(s) it will be designed to be played with.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65409814

Please place all tears in this bin. |____________|

how do i buy it??
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.
#16SmallerRidleyPosted 2/15/2013 6:45:44 PM
E-mail their sales department.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#17marchefelixPosted 2/15/2013 7:08:21 PM
dehsoo posted...
1. Cloud
2. Sora
3. Neku
4. FF7 stage
5. Kingdom Hearts Stage
6. TWEWY stage

Get out
---
Pac-Man and K. Rool: the only newcomers I really want in SSB4.
"Haters" is an ignorant term. Don't use it.
#18COlimar788Posted 2/15/2013 8:10:18 PM
I dislike the idea of a Stage Hazard toggle, because it completely misses the point. Stages aren't necessarily bad for competition because of a hazard, it's much more intrinsic in stage design than that.

That said, I sincerely hope that SSB4 has much more in the way of stages that are reasonably playable on a competitive level. Awful stages like 75m and Hanenbow can leave, please and thank you.

My six things:

1. An overall much less serious tone. Let the cartoon characters be cartoony, let Mario smile and let DK have his Scooby-Doo voice. And for goodness sakes, if you're going to have Toon Link in, keep him cell-shaded!

2. Single player modes that are actually fun. Make the All-Star and Classic modes more random again, bring back personalized Break the Targets and, heck, even Board the Platforms. And instead of having a shoddy beat-em-up as your Adventure Mode, make something new and different, incorporating elements from each game's respective genre! Make me explore in a Metroid level, make me platform in a Mario level, heck, make me strategize for a Fire Emblem level!

3. Take out the needless player-punishment. No tripping, no random Timer backfires, no nonsense. Lets have a game where the best man can win, even with some random elements thrown in for seasoning.

4. More differentiated characters. Make some characters Brawl-floaty, with some characters Melee-fast. Make some characters as big as you can, with some characters quite small. Obviously you can't just mess with this willy-nilly, but I think they can pull off a little more variety.

5. DO NOT let the opportunity of DLC pass you by. This really should be self-explanatory, but a game like Smash Bros. could benefit from DLC an INSANE amount. Bring back all cut characters, add in new characters, add stages, add events. Just get someone on this!

6. And finally, make sure the game is COMPETITIVE. I would just take Melee's style and work from there, to be honest. Just make sure there's enough hitstun to make combos viable, make sure characters generally can't recover from 150%+, and so on. Make sure this is a Smash Bros. that will be a treat for both casual players and tournament goers alike!
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#19Doug314Posted 2/15/2013 11:44:01 PM
Here's my 6:

Less blocky.
Less dodgy.
Less campy.
Faster.
Singleplayer modes anywhere near the level of SSB or SSBM.
Less laughable online multiplayer.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#20EarthLord_CJPosted 2/16/2013 12:46:38 AM
OnionOfMystery posted...
Too much perversion potential, imo. This can be done tastefully, but I'd rather see it not implemented at all so I can taste the delicious tears of ZSS fanboys.

It'd be hilarious if there was just another Zero Suit under Samus' Zero Suit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."