Canonically, who are the Top 3 strongest Smash characters? V2

#41most_games_r_okPosted 2/15/2013 11:58:22 PM
What's your point? Sonic runs to this music, therefore he's superior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoT3wuYod5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xZODc3sslw
---
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4565/mgrok.png
#42EvilSakuraiPosted 2/16/2013 12:58:24 AM
Imma do a tier list on this.
Prepare to see it... Eventually.
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Get well soon RG3. Washington needs you!
#43dehsooPosted 2/16/2013 1:13:42 AM
UnicornTamer1 posted...

Link destroys Cloud 10/10 times. Disallowing Knights of the Round (obviously), there's nothing Cloud can do to him

<

Nope. Cloud destroys Link. Cloud is faster, stronger and has more tools to deal with Link than Link has to deal with Cloud. Link can't even run while attacking and is too slow to even catch Cloud. What does Link have that Cloud can't deal with? Cloud can use materia to use summons and spells.
#44Amazing AmpharosPosted 2/16/2013 3:21:18 AM
First to answer the question, Mr. Game & Watch is obviously #1. Being flat not only would make him extraordinarily hard to see and hit, but from what we saw in SSE in Brawl, Mr. Game & Watch is comprised of a nearly limitless amount of mass that can freely morph into almost any independent form. The exact limits of his powers are vague, but they're clearly on a level far, far beyond any other smash characters moving to a point at which you have to consider G&W a force of nature. After him, Ness and Lucas are 2 and 3 with which one leads being unclear as they have more or less the same power. Both are super powerful psychics who could fry the minds of any prospective enemies easily (G&W perhaps gets a pass; it's not obvious if he even has a mind) and whose particular psychic powers are fueled by the planet itself (which puts them far beyond someone like Mewtwo). Link and Ganondorf could compete with Ness and Lucas if they had the full Triforce as godly powers that grant wishes seem in-line with the psychic potential of a world, but the versions of them represented in smash seem like the versions that only have part of it with the pieces only being shown to enhance their abilities in one particular area.

As per Link vs Cloud, we can go into silly game mechanics all we want (I'm favoring Link who has multiple options for invincibility moves; my vote goes to the Cane of Byrna), but as per what they are, both are supposed to be very skilled swordsmen who can also use magic effectively, but Link has the further ability to use a variety of other weapon types and tools (like a bow, for instance) and even more Link is shown to have absolute, unwavering courage whereas Cloud is so riddled with doubt that he fairly consistently underperforms at everything. Physically it might be close with a more complex arena clearly favoring Link, but I really doubt Cloud has the resolve to go toe to toe with someone like Link.

I'm not sure why Sonic is being considered here. Despite what the instruction manuals say, he has never been shown to move even close to the speed of sound (Eggman has outrun him several times, he's never created a sonic boom, and just visually his running speed is more in line with a sports car, not a jet aircraft). If he does get hit, he's pretty fragile, and even as Super Sonic, he has clear limits. Super Sonic isn't really totally invincible; he can still be smacked around with the super form eventually just wearing off. Against someone like G&W who can just keep conjuring more stuff to throw at him, it's doubtful Sonic would be able to get past it all before running out of energy to maintain his form. The intro scene to Sonic Unleashed even showed that Super Sonic can have his energy drained by force, and since his form doesn't really block attacks or enhance his mind at all, it seems doubtful that it in any way shields him from psychic attacks beyond probably allowing him to suffer a lot longer before losing consciousness. Honestly he might even lose to guys like Marth and Ike; I'm pretty sure the magical protection bypassing properties of the Falchion and Ragnell would be sufficient to pierce Super Sonic's aura entirely, and beyond that, Sonic's speed will help him last longer by being evasive but nothing in his lore suggests he has any ability to survive being run through by a sword whereas Marth and Ike could take a whole lot of hits from Sonic before going down.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 4641 8955 0950
#45most_games_r_okPosted 2/16/2013 7:02:39 AM
From: Amazing Ampharos | Posted: 2/16/2013 10:21:18 AM | #044
Physically it might be close with a more complex arena clearly favoring Link, but I really doubt Cloud has the resolve to go toe to toe with someone like Link.

It shouldn't be close at all physically, nor mentally either. Cloud should destroy Link.

Despite what the instruction manuals say, he has never been shown to move even close to the speed of sound

He has

Eggman has outrun him several times

Outrunning Sonic would mean that Eggman is clearly faster, which would also mean that he would steadily pull away from Sonic. He is able to maintain a gap to him, so he is either able to run at close to Sonic's speed or the more likely reason that Sonic just isn't trying to move all that quickly.

he's never created a sonic boom

He has, go replay or rewatch Sonic Unleashed.

just visually his running speed is more in line with a sports car, not a jet aircraft)

How? During cutscenes? You can't mean gameplay.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Micer101.png
#46Wario_manPosted 2/16/2013 7:09:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2SV6ynJYQ
Destroy Link, huh?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#47most_games_r_okPosted 2/16/2013 7:17:01 AM
FOR THE LAST TIME

Deathbattle has no official say in character battles, so stop linking videos to them!

Deathbattle is no different than if you or I were to make a nice fight scene and post it on the internet
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Micer101.png
#48Wario_manPosted 2/16/2013 7:23:11 AM
I don't remember you ever talking to me about Death Battles. They seem pretty well informed to me and while obviously what they say isn't canon, it is still interesting and fun to watch. What exactly did you find wrong about this particular one?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#49Traptin3daysPosted 2/16/2013 7:29:25 AM
dehsoo posted...
Top 3 would be:

1. Cloud
2. Sora
3. Kirby with Cloud's powers

You guys can't just pull things out of thin air and make up facts.

Look here now, this thread is about the Top 3 strongest Smash characters. Cloud and Sora is not in Smash. You are being off-topic.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#50most_games_r_okPosted 2/16/2013 7:33:53 AM
I don't remember you ever talking to me about Death Battles. They seem pretty well informed to me and while obviously what they say isn't canon, it is still interesting and fun to watch. What exactly did you find wrong about this particular one?

That was just a general comment for anyone else that might want to post it, wasn't really directed at you. I'm not particularly fond of how nerfed Cloud was, but what is far worse is people treating death battle as a realiable source for character battles and their outcomes.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Micer101.png