Luma is an infinitely superior rep for Mario Galaxy than Rosalina.

#1MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/15/2013 4:45:11 PM
Of course, neither characters are likely at all, and Mario obviously reps it better, but Luma is the better rep for actually helping Mario out and actually appearing at various galaxies, unlike Rosalina who stands at the observatory doing jack squat. Not to mention, combined with Rosalina's barely existing role in Galaxy 1 getting even smaller in Galaxy 2, Luma remained in the same role, which gives it a lot of priority.

That, and it helps that Luma isn't a friggin' obvious Peach clone, and actually relevant beyond Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart. And it would be much easier to give Luma a more unique moveset over Rosalina. So yeah, discuss the possibilities of a playable Luma, even though it won't happen.
#2MctiasPosted 2/15/2013 5:17:10 PM
Luma can still be an item, like Mr.Saturn.
#3l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/15/2013 5:17:52 PM
Let's not forget who introduced Mario to the Luma, saved Mario from suffocating in outer space, led you to Bowser (who Mario would have NEVER found if it wasn't for her, as he wouldn't have the slightest hint), built the hub world of SMG1, had the Lumas rebuild the Toad Brigade's ship (which helped a lot more than you think), AND does that awesome deflect thing when you shoot a Star Bit at her.

And just because she looks like Peach doesn't mean she's a clone of her. I look a lot like my brother. Does this mean I'll never be good for anything because I'm a "friggin' obvious Daniel clone?"
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#4MichaelollPosted 2/15/2013 5:19:21 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65395114
#5MaetchPosted 2/15/2013 5:31:41 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Let's not forget who introduced Mario to the Luma, saved Mario from suffocating in outer space, led you to Bowser (who Mario would have NEVER found if it wasn't for her, as he wouldn't have the slightest hint), built the hub world of SMG1, had the Lumas rebuild the Toad Brigade's ship (which helped a lot more than you think), AND does that awesome deflect thing when you shoot a Star Bit at her.

And yet got kidnapped like any other princess in the sequel.
#6l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/15/2013 5:33:38 PM
Maetch posted...

Bowser's been at the kidnapping business for decades. He even managed to kidnap the Bros.. Just because Bowser kidnapped Rosalina doesn't mean she didn't put up a fight.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
#7EJWPosted 2/15/2013 5:34:36 PM
Maetch posted...

What?
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#8MaetchPosted 2/15/2013 5:40:12 PM(edited)
EJW posted...
Maetch posted...

What?

In SMG2's final stage, she and her comet are revealed to have been captured by Bowser. I point it out to show that Rosie is not as infallible as everybody wants to think.
#9l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/15/2013 5:45:10 PM
Maetch posted...
EJW posted...
Maetch posted...

What?

In SMG2's final stage, she and her comet are revealed to have been captured by Bowser. I point it out to show that Rosie is not as infallible as everybody wants to think.

In SPP's final stage, Mario and his brother are revealed to have been captured by Bowser. I point it out to show that Mario is not as infallible as everybody wants to think.
---
#10MrSpacelySlate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:07:13 PM
In SPP's final stage, Mario and his brother are revealed to have been captured by Bowser. I point it out to show that Mario is not as infallible as everybody wants to think.

Except Rosalina has never shown any actual battle skills in all of her existence, unlike Mario and Luigi.

You also forgot the fact that Galaxy 1 got retconned and all the events that occurred there happened in Galaxy 2, only with Lubba instead. And you forgot that Mario knows where Bowser is by pure instinct from years of experience Also forgot the fact that it's Luma who actively helps out Mario in the actual levels and gameplay, not Rosalina.