This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should the story mode have voice acting?

#1Sailor_RazorPosted 2/15/2013 4:31:21 PM
Yes or no. Naturally, the omnisilent ones would never speak. But for those who do have some things to say in their native games, they'd be allowed to open their mouths and talk.
---
Samus would not whine about a baby all the time, thank you for asking.
#2MaetchPosted 2/15/2013 4:34:06 PM
No. Having some characters talk and others not would just make things annoyingly inconsistent.

I'd rather just have an off-screen narrator explain what's going on and leave all the characters to their pantomime ways.
#3alpha-apePosted 2/15/2013 4:36:30 PM
Yes. That silent SSE was somewhat boring at times. Voice acting will make it much less boring.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#4MctiasPosted 2/15/2013 4:37:33 PM
At the end of each chapter of the adventure mode the narrator should talk about the lesson learned, like in 80s cartoons.
#5EJWPosted 2/15/2013 4:45:31 PM
No need.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#6l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/15/2013 4:48:17 PM(edited)
Yes. Even Mario and Link. Nintendo's irrational fear of voice actors is one of the reasons people think they are doomed.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#7Traptin3daysPosted 2/15/2013 5:02:07 PM
No, never.

Bad voice acting is something that can ruin a game.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#8SmallerRidleyPosted 2/15/2013 5:42:53 PM
Nothing except very short lines, and no long conversations.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#9Ari917Posted 2/15/2013 5:48:33 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Yes. Even Mario and Link. Nintendo's irrational fear of voice actors is one of the reasons people think they are doomed.

Because having voice acting is the make or break in this industry and not good gameplay, story or graphics amirite?
#10The_KoreyPosted 2/15/2013 6:01:08 PM
Maetch posted...
No. Having some characters talk and others not would just make things annoyingly inconsistent.

Not if done correctly. I can see scene consisting only of Donkey and Diddy where the two talk in plain English, but as soon as we look at them from a human character's perspective, they're just making monkey noises. I can also see psychics like Mewtwo brealing the lingual barriers between english, animal, japanese, and Game&Watchenese.
---
The Korey: Belligerent thundering since 1988.
http://i50.tinypic.com/10y1b3t.jpg