This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As far as more reps from currently-included series, here's how I'm calling it...

#1GreatJallopiPosted 2/15/2013 6:17:38 PM
Mario

None. No super iconic Mario characters have been introduced, and consistently used enough to warrant a new rep. 4 reps, plus sub series reps is plenty.

Donkey Kong

None. Nintendo has lost rights to King K Rool, and so it is unlikely that they will include another DK rep without a present humanoid villain. More Kongs are unlikely based on lack of popularity.

Yoshi

None. Yoshi's franchise has been inactive, and so unlikely that they will add new reps.

Wario

I hate to say it, but WarioWare is dead. No more reps.

Zelda

POSSIBLY ONE, AFTER DROPPING ANOTHER(unlikely). Demise might fill the role of Ganondof, should they eliminate all clone characters. This one is uncertain. Zelda, however, has four reps, so might be stopped.

Metroid

POSSIBLY ONE. If Metroid happens to release a new game soon, with some kind of character who becomes popular and planned to be re-used, then maybe. However, I've heard nothing on new Metroid.

Kid Icarus

POSSIBLY ONE. I don't know much about Uprising, but to market it along with potential sequels they might do one.

Ice Climbers

None. This speaks for itself.

Whatever you'd call R.O.B.

Kirby

None. All the major recurring characters have been represented. Nightmare might be a boss in the story, but that's it.

Pikmin

None. No viable Pikmin characters other than Olimar that wouldn't be total clones of him.

Star Fox

REMOVE ONE, MAYBE TWO. I've got a feeling that clone characters might get axed. Wolf, I'm pretty certain will leave, but Falco is uncertain.

F-Zero

POSSIBLY ONE. This is in the form of Samurai Goroh.

Pokemon

REMOVE ONE, ADD ONE. Lucario gets axed, and a generation six takes his place. This, of course, is based on Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario, and Pokemon having four reps.

Fire Emblem

REMOVE ONE, ADD ONE. Ike gets axed, new guy gets put in. Argue with me all you want, but based on the Roy thing I see it this way.

Mother

None. The franchise has been dead since the third game, nothing will be added.

Game and Watch

Metal Gear Solid

None. 3rd parties will be limited to one, most likely.

Sonic

None. 3rd parties will be limited to one, most likely.

So where do the new reps come in? In the form of retro franchises and newly-popular franchises.

RAGE HARD. NOW.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/15/2013 6:35:07 PM
There are still idiots that think Nintendo doesn't own the Kremlings and K. Rool?

I know GameFaqs can be bad, but this guy is something else....

Hey, Einstein, if Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K. Rool, how come he's appeared in Nintendo games after Rare was sold?
#3GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:47:25 PM
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
There are still idiots that think Nintendo doesn't own the Kremlings and K. Rool?

I know GameFaqs can be bad, but this guy is something else....

Hey, Einstein, if Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K. Rool, how come he's appeared in Nintendo games after Rare was sold?

Don't act like you know what you're talking about. They don't own him, and they pay royalties for his use.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#4GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/15/2013 6:50:56 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
Don't act like you know what you're talking about.

Oh the bloody irony.

More than half of what you said in the very first post is bullocks, yet you're telling ME that I shouldn't act like I know what I'm talking about?

If you're not a bad troll, then I fear for you....
#5DasDavidPosted 2/15/2013 6:54:41 PM
I don't know for a fact about the legal status of the Kremlings, nor do I think most people do so I'll avoid getting all emotion like some people about someone else's speculation >.> I will say that as much as I'd like K.Rool, I'm not sure what would have kept him from being in Brawl if that's really something they wanted to do. Or what makes him likely for this game. They added two kirby reps (one villain one other) for Brawl so I don't see why they couldn't have gone that route with the DK franchise by adding Diddy and K.Rool.

That said this seems about right to me. I don't exactly prefer it, and I do believe somewhat vehemently that smash 4 will either have Shulk or whoever (if anyone) is announce as being the next protagonist of a Xeno game, but Sakurai did state that he had interest in bringing back some retro characters so I could see the newcomers being mostly pulled from the past.
#6DragonImpsPosted 2/15/2013 7:00:15 PM
Wario, a dead series?

Ganondorf being replaced by Demise? And with no mention of Tingle?

You completely dismiss Ridley!?

You actually think you can detect a pattern between three games? The first game wouldn't even contribute to that, come to think of it.

I don't think Mother will get any new reps. But I'd like to point out that it's not a dead series, just ended.
#7GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:05:20 PM
DragonImps posted...
Wario, a dead series?

Ganondorf being replaced by Demise? And with no mention of Tingle?

You completely dismiss Ridley!?

You actually think you can detect a pattern between three games? The first game wouldn't even contribute to that, come to think of it.

I don't think Mother will get any new reps. But I'd like to point out that it's not a dead series, just ended.

Wario represents the WarioWare series in Smash Bros., which happens to be dead.

Ganondorf replaced was only if they remove all clones. And Tingle will not be playable, ever, due to poor reception in the west.

Ridley will not be resized. What makes you think he will? He's supposed to be large, and except for in his first appearance, he's always appeared this way.

And a franchise ending means that it's dead. Don't try to get technical with it. If no more games are being produced, then it is dead.
---
#8IngSlayerPosted 2/15/2013 7:05:45 PM
GreatJallopi posted...

"Other"
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#9GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:06:57 PM
IngSlayer posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

"Other"

I didn't wanna call it "Other", because "Other" encompasses franchises which have not been included yet, and I can't really give an opinion on how many there will be.
---
#10DragonImpsPosted 2/15/2013 7:19:23 PM
GreatJallopi posted...

Wario represents the WarioWare series in Smash Bros., which happens to be dead.

Ganondorf replaced was only if they remove all clones. And Tingle will not be playable, ever, due to poor reception in the west.

Ridley will not be resized. What makes you think he will? He's supposed to be large, and except for in his first appearance, he's always appeared this way.

And a franchise ending means that it's dead. Don't try to get technical with it. If no more games are being produced, then it is dead.

Dead how?

Are you saying it's likely that the decision to cut all clones is likely?

What makes you think Tingle's hate in some countries will affect his chances? He's probably the next most important character they could choose for the Zelda series, and I don't think people will pass up the game over him.

What makes you think Ridley wouldn't be resized? Olimar, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Ivysaur were all resized to some extent. Bowser resizes all the time! Ridley's been smaller in the first game, why can't it happen now? He's important to the Metroid series, so why wouldn't effort go into creating a workable model.

Dead implies it's no longer got any followers or plans for the futer. That series has both.

And language is nothing but technicalities. In fact, this so-called "Logic" you're using also is.