This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As far as more reps from currently-included series, here's how I'm calling it...

#21ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/16/2013 5:13:53 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
Mario

None. No super iconic Mario characters have been introduced, and consistently used enough to warrant a new rep. 4 reps, plus sub series reps is plenty.

I... agree? I do agree!

Donkey Kong

None. Nintendo has lost rights to King K Rool, and so it is unlikely that they will include another DK rep without a present humanoid villain. More Kongs are unlikely based on lack of popularity.

Er... people have already discussed this, so I'll leave it at that.

Yoshi

None. Yoshi's franchise has been inactive, and so unlikely that they will add new reps.

Fine here.

Wario

I hate to say it, but WarioWare is dead. No more reps.

Fine here, but I might as well mention Game and Wario, coming out in a few months.

Zelda

POSSIBLY ONE, AFTER DROPPING ANOTHER(unlikely). Demise might fill the role of Ganondof, should they eliminate all clone characters. This one is uncertain. Zelda, however, has four reps, so might be stopped.

NO. NOT POSSIBLY ONE. NO CHARACTERS.

And... replacing Ganon? What are YOU on?

Metroid

POSSIBLY ONE. If Metroid happens to release a new game soon, with some kind of character who becomes popular and planned to be re-used, then maybe. However, I've heard nothing on new Metroid.

Because Ridley can't be downsized. At all.

Kid Icarus

POSSIBLY ONE. I don't know much about Uprising, but to market it along with potential sequels they might do one.

Ms. Pale Tuna McTroll would like to have a word with you.

Ice Climbers

None. This speaks for itself.

Whatever you'd call R.O.B.

Kirby

None. All the major recurring characters have been represented. Nightmare might be a boss in the story, but that's it.

Pikmin

None. No viable Pikmin characters other than Olimar that wouldn't be total clones of him.

Agreed with this and the ones above it.

Star Fox

REMOVE ONE, MAYBE TWO. I've got a feeling that clone characters might get axed. Wolf, I'm pretty certain will leave, but Falco is uncertain.

Because clones can't be decloned.

F-Zero

POSSIBLY ONE. This is in the form of Samurai Goroh.

No.

Pokemon

REMOVE ONE, ADD ONE. Lucario gets axed, and a generation six takes his place. This, of course, is based on Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario, and Pokemon having four reps.

Baseless patternist logic.

Fire Emblem

REMOVE ONE, ADD ONE. Ike gets axed, new guy gets put in. Argue with me all you want, but based on the Roy thing I see it this way.

Same here, baseless patternist logic.

Mother

None. The franchise has been dead since the third game, nothing will be added.

Game and Watch

Fine with all this.

Metal Gear Solid

None. 3rd parties will be limited to one, most likely.

Sonic

None. 3rd parties will be limited to one, most likely.

Same here.

So where do the new reps come in? In the form of retro franchises and newly-popular franchises.

RAGE HARD. NOW.

Actually, I AGREE. Retros and Lesser Known Franchises are the key to newcomers.

... if only people would understand...
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#22xgiraffes13xPosted 2/16/2013 6:21:59 AM
Only 6 newcomers.. 1 in a series no one cares about ( F-Zero ); a lot of characters are replaced or cut without any additions.
I'm calling either you're a troll or you're setting your standards very low so you're not dissapointed.
---
Retros for Smash: Lip, Little Mac, Sukapon, Takamaru! :3
I want another Star Fox and a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine!
#23Snow-DustPosted 2/17/2013 2:41:26 AM
Minjo26 posted...
Mario
Even though i will never agree to the playability of Toad, he is a one damn of a hell iconic character. Dont use that he is the generalization of the species cause yoshis name is yoshi even though his specie is called yoshi

You're kinda wrong about this, though. The Yoshi we are using is 100% the green one that first finds Mario and Luigi as babies..

but his name is called yoshi right? my point is being that there is a main yoshi and his name is yoshi which is also the same name as his species just like there is a main toad and his name is toad
#24MeanMotorScootePosted 2/17/2013 7:34:51 AM(edited)
the whole K. Rool thing...

With Geno, at least there's evidence suggesting that Geno is still property of Square Enix with a message about it clearly seen in the credits for Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga.

With the games K. Rool has appear in made by Nintendo such as King of Swing, Barrel Blast, and Mario sluggers, I haven't found any evidence of him not belonging to Nintendo/Nintendo having to pay royalties. If he was still owned by another company, it would say so in the credits or somewhere in the games copyrights, but I haven't found any evidence about him not belonging to Nintendo.

Guess everyone thinks this due to the fact that he didn't appear in DKCR.

If some one can please just show me evidence of footage/screen shots from either King of Swing, Barrel Blast, or Sluggers of the credits/copyrights showing K. Rool doesn't belong to Nintendo right now, please show me. Even if it's a scan from the instruction booklet or a strategy guide, they'd be required by law to saw he's not theirs, again, much like Geno.

Also Yoshi and Wario franchises being dead? Even with all the evidence of upcoming games for both with announcements from Nintendo themselves? I guess dead = new games on the horizon...
#25Chomper4Posted 2/17/2013 7:40:31 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
There are still idiots that think Nintendo doesn't own the Kremlings and K. Rool?

I know GameFaqs can be bad, but this guy is something else....

Hey, Einstein, if Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K. Rool, how come he's appeared in Nintendo games after Rare was sold?

Don't act like you know what you're talking about. They don't own him, and they pay royalties for his use.

Nitendo still owns King K Rool, they just haven't used him recently.
#26bestssbbfanPosted 2/17/2013 7:41:59 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
POSSIBLY ONE, AFTER DROPPING ANOTHER(unlikely). Demise might fill the role of Ganondof, should they eliminate all clone characters. This one is uncertain. Zelda, however, has four reps, so might be stopped.

Like how mario was axed for waluigi in melee to brawl right?
You just lost all credibility.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#27starrkPosted 2/17/2013 8:04:09 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
Zelda

Lol. There is *zero* chance they remove Ganondorf.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.
#28BluePikmin11Posted 2/17/2013 8:07:38 AM
King K. Krool was in Mario Super Sluggers :/
---
Pikmin Scientist
#29UnicornTamer1Posted 2/17/2013 8:27:40 AM
Nintendo owns the rights to all the Donkey Kong Country characters.
Not that they know how to use them
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
#30VermineaterPosted 2/17/2013 8:40:11 AM
Metroid has a good chance of Ridley.

Roy was a clone of Marth, Ike is his own character. The newest FE is a kind of big deal, so I can see there being 3 reps, or sticking with 2.

F-Zero is dead to Nintendo as far as I can tell, not even possibly 1 added. (Ninty Land minigame, nothing on Wii or DS, though)

Wolf better get axed. Falco should be further Luigified.

I still want Geno, kind of.
---
3DS: 1461-6354-3360