Will Ike be in this game?

#1NordiniPosted 2/15/2013 10:49:21 PM
This determines both whether i buy this game AND this console.

Will not buy if Ike is not.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/15/2013 10:52:35 PM
We don't know anything about the roster yet.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3UberPyro64Posted 2/15/2013 10:57:53 PM
There is a chance he might get replaced by Chrom from the newest title in the series Fire Emblem: Awakening. Personally I'd like to see both of them and Marth of course.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#4StitchRSPosted 2/15/2013 11:05:53 PM
We're not gonna know anything about the roster for quite a while. Of course don't let some people get you down. Outside of the obvious characters, no one is certain who will and will not be in the game, and don't let people make you think the Fire Emblem reps will only be Marth and one other character. They think they can detect a pattern after one game of Roy being cut at the last minute due to time constraints. Fire Emblem could very well have 3 reps, Ike could be one of those reps, alongside Marth and Chrom.
---
For Let's Plays, Walkthroughs, and Gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStitchRS
#5LordAlistairPosted 2/15/2013 11:30:04 PM
People will try to tell you "Roy got cut for Ike, so obviously Ike will be cut for Chrom!" like there's some kind of logic to it, but don't listen to them. They're idiots.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#6WestbrickIIIPosted 2/16/2013 3:35:05 AM
LordAlistair posted...
People will try to tell you "Roy got cut for Ike, so obviously Ike will be cut for Chrom!" like there's some kind of logic to it, but don't listen to them. They're idiots.

Please explain to me what sense it makes having three male sword users, two of which (Chrom and Ike) will have similar fighting styles. It's not about "logic"; it's about reasonable predictions. Sakurai's already shown a willingness to cut outdated characters. By the time Brawl was released, FE6 was no longer relevant; the same will apply to FE9/10.

I don't think three Fire Emblem reps is unlikely, but I wouldn't consider Ike a favorite for that third spot. Sakurai has said he wants to make room for more female characters, for instance.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#7RanzEDGEPosted 2/16/2013 6:17:36 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
LordAlistair posted...

Please explain to me what sense it makes having three male sword users, two of which (Chrom and Ike) will have similar fighting styles. It's not about "logic"; it's about reasonable predictions. Sakurai's already shown a willingness to cut outdated characters. By the time Brawl was released, FE6 was no longer relevant; the same will apply to FE9/10.

I don't think three Fire Emblem reps is unlikely, but I wouldn't consider Ike a favorite for that third spot. Sakurai has said he wants to make room for more female characters, for instance.

Just because ike marth and chrom all have swords does not mean they fight similar take brawl for instance ike fights a bit more barbaric while marth fights with a little finesse. Also please give proof on when sakurai technically said he was makeing more room for female smashers because that sounds like total BS.
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#8TableFlipPosted 2/16/2013 6:23:48 AM
I honestly want all FE characters that appeared in SSB to be in this game

AKA Marth
Ike
Roy
---
I don't even know anymore.
#9UberPyro64Posted 2/16/2013 6:45:30 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
LordAlistair posted...

You were doing so well until that female BS which is completely false. He said there would not be that many newcomers. that's it.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#10ViewtifulGenePosted 2/16/2013 7:03:32 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
LordAlistair posted...

It makes sense because the main characters of FE games are typically male sword users and Chrom can easily have a moveset distinct from Marth and Ike.

I don't see anything reasonable about a prediction based on a pattern of one. Ike could get cut but a pattern of one does not prove it likely.

Sakurai said he added ZSS because he wanted to add more females at the time of Brawl. That doesn't necessarily mean he wants to prioritize adding more females now. As far as we know Sakurai could've thought adding ZSS was enough.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong