Will Ike be in this game?

#11Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:22:38 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
LordAlistair posted...
People will try to tell you "Roy got cut for Ike, so obviously Ike will be cut for Chrom!" like there's some kind of logic to it, but don't listen to them. They're idiots.

Please explain to me what sense it makes having three male sword users, two of which (Chrom and Ike) will have similar fighting styles. It's not about "logic"; it's about reasonable predictions. Sakurai's already shown a willingness to cut outdated characters. By the time Brawl was released, FE6 was no longer relevant; the same will apply to FE9/10.

I don't think three Fire Emblem reps is unlikely, but I wouldn't consider Ike a favorite for that third spot. Sakurai has said he wants to make room for more female characters, for instance.

Please explain to me what sense it makes to have 4 pokemon in the game, 2 of which are pikachu and pichu (SSBM)? PIkachu and pichu not only are identical in fighting style but also appearance. There's almost no difference.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#12VirusLordPosted 2/16/2013 1:23:46 PM
RanzEDGE posted...
Just because ike marth and chrom all have swords does not mean they fight similar take brawl for instance ike fights a bit more barbaric while marth fights with a little finesse.

Ike fights with less finesse than Marth, certainly, but he isn't far off from Chrom. I really don't think there's adequate room for all three of them to have distinct fighting styles.

TableFlip posted...
I honestly want all FE characters that appeared in SSB to be in this game

Why? I honestly have the hardest time figuring out why this seems to be such a popular option among so many people. Is it because so many of them haven't actually played the Fire Emblem games? Fire Emblem has an incredible variety of characters, there is no good reason to only include all of the ones that use swords.

ViewtifulGene posted...
It makes sense because the main characters of FE games are typically male sword users and Chrom can easily have a moveset distinct from Marth and Ike.

I'm actually quite skeptical that Marth could have a moveset distinct from both Marth and Ike. Chrom uses Marth's sword and fights similarly to Ike. There are only so many special attacks that can be made using swords, and the only signature move that Chrom really has in his game is... Aether. Though I suppose it could be possible to give Ike's moveset to Chrom and rebuild a moveset for Ike based around Ragnell's sword-lasers. But really, even Ike failed to get a fully-unique moveset, inheriting Marth's Counter, so odds would be even worse for Chrom if he had to contend with both Marth and Ike.

Nordini posted...
Please explain to me what sense it makes to have 4 pokemon in the game, 2 of which are pikachu and pichu (SSBM)? PIkachu and pichu not only are identical in fighting style but also appearance. There's almost no difference.

There is a reason that Pichu got cut from Brawl. Because they realized that having virtually identical characters is not a fantastic idea. Also, if you're trying to compare 'having 4 pokemon' to 'having three male sword users', you're doing it wrong. A proper comparison would either be four Pokemon to three humans, or four electric types to three male sword users, and in either case your argument crumbles.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#13ViewtifulGenePosted 2/16/2013 1:31:22 PM
VirusLord posted...

I'm actually quite skeptical that Marth could have a moveset distinct from both Marth and Ike. Chrom uses Marth's sword and fights similarly to Ike. There are only so many special attacks that can be made using swords, and the only signature move that Chrom really has in his game is... Aether. Though I suppose it could be possible to give Ike's moveset to Chrom and rebuild a moveset for Ike based around Ragnell's sword-lasers. But really, even Ike failed to get a fully-unique moveset, inheriting Marth's Counter, so odds would be even worse for Chrom if he had to contend with both Marth and Ike.

Chrom's Aether is used in a completely different fashion than Ike's. So much for the idea that his special moveset is required to be cloned.

Marth's Falchion has a different size, shape, and weight than Chrom's. And their attack animations are distinct. So much for the idea that Chrom is required to use the same swordplay as Marth.

There are only so many special attacks that can be made using fists. That hasn't been a problem for all the punchers in Brawl even though there are more punchers than sword users. So much for the idea that there are no possible ideas for a new sword moveset.

If Ike's moveset isn't unique just because of Counter, then Lucario is a Samus clone. After all, those two characters are linked by all of one move as well.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#14l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/16/2013 1:35:28 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
VirusLord posted...

Chrom's Aether is used in a completely different fashion than Ike's. So much for the idea that his special moveset is required to be cloned.

Marth's Falchion has a different size, shape, and weight than Chrom's. And their attack animations are distinct. So much for the idea that Chrom is required to use the same swordplay as Marth.

There are only so many special attacks that can be made using fists. That hasn't been a problem for all the punchers in Brawl even though there are more punchers than sword users. So much for the idea that there are no possible ideas for a new sword moveset.

If Ike's moveset isn't unique just because of Counter, then Lucario is a Samus clone. After all, those two characters are linked by all of one move as well.

And Master Hand is the exact same boss as Tabuu. Lasers brah.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#15Blazekicker27Posted 2/16/2013 2:21:27 PM
We don't know, but I certainly hope he is.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#16RECON64bitPosted 2/16/2013 3:15:01 PM
If you played the games you'd realize that Chrom is Marth's twin brother.