POLL: Let's say the Roster limit is 40. How many would you want cut?

#21liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:00:10 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
For the most part, I'd want to keep everyone, but I'd cut Toon Link since he's blatant clone filler and Falco because he's more of a clone to Fox than Wolf is (and honestly, I'd rather have a main antagonist than just one of Fox's teammates).

If we're assuming that every cut makes room for a brand new character, then that would allow us to have 3 newcomers. Sure, that's not a lot, but it would help Sakurai focus on improving Smash's gameplay. If the gameplay is improved enough, then I'd be fine with just a few newcomers.

liveman789 posted...
In this case, that's not how Pokemon Trainer would work if he were cut. If he were cut, there would be one slot left empty.

PT counts as 3 characters in Brawl's 39 character roster (Sakurai himself has acknowledged this) and each of his Pokemon take about the same amount of time and resources as any of the other characters each.

Counting him as only one character makes absolutely no sense.

I agree with you 100% before you quoted me.

This again, dude? Haha we had this same discussion yesterday. For the sake of this situation, it's obvious I'm talking about the actual slots on the character selection screen. I know Sakurai counts Brawl as having 39 "character models."

I think you're one of the more logical people on this board, I find it hard to believe that you don't know what I'm talking about.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#22liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:01:32 PM
Also, I can't believe how many people are actually voting 9.

Do you people seriously think Smash Bros has 15 more characters that need to be in?
---
#23LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/16/2013 2:02:51 PM
liveman789 posted...

This again, dude? Haha we had this same discussion yesterday. For the sake of this situation, it's obvious I'm talking about the actual slots on the character selection screen. I know Sakurai counts Brawl as having 39 "character models."

I think you're one of the more logical people on this board, I find it hard to believe that you don't know what I'm talking about.

I understand what you mean, but the approach still doesn't make sense. Why just ignore what counts as a separate character and pretend that the amount of slots is all that matters?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#24Da_Guy_in_a_HatPosted 2/16/2013 2:07:58 PM

I don't care what happens as long as I keep Yoshi, G&W, Olimar, DDD, DK, Kirby and Metaknight
---
#TeamDorner
#25liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:08:04 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
liveman789 posted...

I understand what you mean, but the approach still doesn't make sense. Why just ignore what counts as a separate character and pretend that the amount of slots is all that matters?

The approach makes sense, it just depends on how you look at it. You can either look at it the way you're speaking of, where it would be 39 characters, or the way I'm looking at it, where it would be 34 characters. I only count each PT/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard, Zelda/Sheik, and Samus/ZSS as one "character box."

I never specified that I meant 40 character boxes instead of actual character models, maybe I should have. I'll keep that in mind next time.
---
#26alpha-apePosted 2/16/2013 2:14:26 PM
5 cuts:

-Squirtle
-Ivysaur
-Charizard
-Falco
-Toon Link
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#27RawstyleEeveePosted 2/16/2013 2:31:31 PM
liveman789 posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
9 cuts
PT(Charizard,Squirtle & Ivysaur, they make room for 3 newcomers)
Toon Link
Sonic
Snake
Wolf
Lucas
R.O.B.

In exchange for

Ridley
K.rool
Shulk
Mewtwo
Takumaru or another Retro
Little Mac
Saki
Mega Man
Palutena

The last spot could go to a Namco rep

In this case, that's not how Pokemon Trainer would work if he were cut. If he were cut, there would be one slot left empty.

Nope Sakurai counts him seperate
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#28Doug314Posted 2/16/2013 4:04:46 PM
Sonic Snake Lucario and Toon Link.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#2922whiterabbit22Posted 2/16/2013 4:10:02 PM
Nine: Toon Link, Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Snake, Lucas, ROB, Diddy Kong, Game & Watch.

If the roster's not going to be (relatively) large, I think newcomers take precedence over returning fighters.
---
Got Eggplant?