Would you say Dillon is pretty much in?

#21Chomper4Posted 2/16/2013 6:46:04 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
Sakurai tends to make weird choices, but weird choices that WORK.

Dillon is a weird choice that would work out well.

You said it.
#22CAW EvolutionPosted 2/16/2013 6:49:31 PM
Nope, absolutely not. He'll be an Assist Trophy at best.
#23Chomper4Posted 2/16/2013 6:56:15 PM
CAW Evolution posted...
Nope, absolutely not. He'll be an Assist Trophy at best.

If anyone in the series will be an assist trophy, it will be Nomad, while Dillon and Gallo get playable appearances.
#24DIGIRULEPosted 2/16/2013 7:08:26 PM
I think at most he has a chance to be a sticker.

An entire character? Honestly, you've got to be kidding me. At least 7 of my friends are buying the new Smash and are excited for the game, and are core Nintendo fans, and have absolutely no idea who the heck he is.
---
Lemon
#25jneal57Posted 2/16/2013 7:20:48 PM
yes...lets hope he's a good fighter
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240
#26otter_929Posted 2/16/2013 8:38:13 PM
I really hope he makes it. His game was awesome, despite being really hard. The sequel is a day one purchase for me for sure
---
3DS FC: 2750-1095-9276
Dillon, K. Rool, Dixie, Shulk, Takamaru, Little Mac, Chrom, Animal Crosser, Bowser Jr., and Geno for Smash Bros Wii U!!
#27OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/16/2013 9:31:28 PM
MaximumCheddar posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
I want to know what you guys are smoking to assume 'this is what Sakurai would do'.

Dillon is more niche than Ness/Lucas. He might be in a form or another. But he's NOT going to be a playable character. Fact.

Is that what Sakurai would do?

---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#28ynniPosted 2/17/2013 3:50:59 AM
I like the character. He's a new Nintendo IP - people are always clamouring after them but they're rarely supported. His games are fun and they're making a sequel so either the game sold really well or Nintendo is pushing support for the character. What better way to gain popularity for a series than to put it in Smash Bros? Just look at Fire Emblem, for example.

Dillon has a lot that would distinguish him from Sonic and I'd argue that he's more interesting because of it. There's no evidence to show that Snake or Sonic will be coming back either so Dillon could theoretically replace him due to the similarities.
---
*Insert witty line*
#29DaisyfanboyPosted 2/17/2013 4:48:00 AM
DIGIRULE posted...
I think at most he has a chance to be a sticker.

An entire character? Honestly, you've got to be kidding me. At least 7 of my friends are buying the new Smash and are excited for the game, and are core Nintendo fans, and have absolutely no idea who the heck he is.

With your logic, Fire Emblem shouldn't have came to the US.

The game needs some newer IP's, and unless you can think of some really good ones, the two that fit the bill the best are Rolling Western and Xenoblade.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#30Doug314Posted 2/17/2013 5:47:03 AM
I don't think this game needs many new IPs. Brawl only had Pikmin. For those that remember All-star mode, Pokemon was the next newest IP in it. A series generally needs at least several years worth of games to get in, with a few exceptions but most of those are for old characters. And Dillon could easily not be in.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!