This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will there be a new dojo?

#1skyfy9Posted 2/16/2013 3:37:01 PM
Or do you are they going to release information another way?
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/16/2013 3:39:12 PM
If they're gonna do it, chances are it'll be after E3.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 3:55:32 PM
Didn't Sakurai regret doing the Dojo? He wanted to play everything really close to the vest this time around. A new Dojo would kinda go against that. If they do decide to go that route again, I hope they don't announce all of the secrets before the game releases. Just announce the standard characters, stages/items, and any new mechanics.. That's fine by me. Just let me figure out how to unlock everything on my own.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4Chomper4Posted 2/16/2013 4:02:40 PM
I bet there will be a dojo.
#5MaximumCheddarPosted 2/16/2013 4:02:51 PM
Virus66 posted...
Didn't Sakurai regret doing the Dojo? He wanted to play everything really close to the vest this time around. A new Dojo would kinda go against that. If they do decide to go that route again, I hope they don't announce all of the secrets before the game releases. Just announce the standard characters, stages/items, and any new mechanics.. That's fine by me. Just let me figure out how to unlock everything on my own.

They did wait until the game came out before doing secret stuff updates (except for Snake and Sonic). Even after that you had to go in and explicitly select "Yes" to seeing hidden content before getting anything spoiled.
#6liveman789Posted 2/16/2013 4:04:32 PM
Virus66 posted...

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

That theory was based off of this. It's kind of hard to interpret what he's saying.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#7Virus66Posted 2/16/2013 4:06:57 PM
MaximumCheddar posted...
Virus66 posted...

They did wait until the game came out before doing secret stuff updates (except for Snake and Sonic). Even after that you had to go in and explicitly select "Yes" to seeing hidden content before getting anything spoiled.

Actually, they released a lot of the hidden stuff well before the game launched. Take a look at the website. Even the Secret fighters were being announced in February before the game launched in March. And yes, there was a hidden content, but still. It's still stupid for a developer to play all of their secrets for you. Revealing Sonic and Snake was one of the worst things they could have done. Imagine the surprise had they not done that.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8MaximumCheddarPosted 2/16/2013 4:13:22 PM(edited)
Virus66 posted...
MaximumCheddar posted...
Virus66 posted...

Actually, they released a lot of the hidden stuff well before the game launched. Take a look at the website. Even the Secret fighters were being announced in February before the game launched in March. And yes, there was a hidden content, but still. It's still stupid for a developer to play all of their secrets for you. Revealing Sonic and Snake was one of the worst things they could have done. Imagine the surprise had they not done that.

Game launched January 31st, Ness was the first secret post on Feb 1st.
Sonic and Snake were probably revealed to build mad hype for the game, but I'm not going down this road since I can't confirm anything either way.
#9liveman789Posted 2/16/2013 4:12:07 PM
Virus66 posted...
MaximumCheddar posted...
Virus66 posted...

Revealing Snake and Sonic was definitely a marketing strategy.

I would have bought the game anyways, but I would have preferred if they kept it secret. But they had a smart reason for what they did.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#10Chomper4Posted 2/16/2013 4:12:11 PM
The new Smash bros will be released sometime in March 2014 in my opinion.