Proof that Chrom Can't and Shouldn't Be In This Game

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 2/17/2013 7:50:35 AM
Sakurai has been browsing the internet a lot lately, looking for ideas for Super Smash Brothers 4. He cares deeply about the opinions of message boards so he searches those forums for a sense of who is popular. But the movesets in Brawl prove that Sakurai's browser of choice is not Chrome, it's FireFox. Here's why Chrom can't and shouldn't be in this game:

For starters, Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable because if he was playable he would be a clone. There are a lot of sword users in Brawl already, so Sakurai canot possibly create another sword moveset without stealing somebody else's moves. I know that Sakurai has already exhausted all possible sword moveset ideas because I am Sakurai.

Another reason why Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable is because it would force another Fire Emblem character to get cut. There were 2 FE reps in Melee and in Brawl. Therefore Sakurai cannot possibly give the FE series more than 2 playable characters. It is a pattern. I have no proof that the pattern will continue, but that's not my problem. You must prove that the pattern will break, otherwise it is unbreakable.

Finally, Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable because he is a blue-haired, male sword user. Brawl had too many blue-haired male sword users and Sakurai said he wasn't going to add any more of them because he cares about me. Roy and Lyn are infinitely better choices over Chrom because they don't have blue hair. Also, Sakurai said he added Zero Suit Samus in Brawl because he wanted to add more females. Therefore he wants to add even more females now. Why would Sakurai add yet another blue-haired male sword user when he could add a female Fire Emblem character? He wouldn't.

Chrom is a garbage candidate for this game. Are you happy that Sakurai considers Chrom a garbage character? I hope you are.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#2Chomper4Posted 2/17/2013 7:55:14 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Sakurai has been browsing the internet a lot lately, looking for ideas for Super Smash Brothers 4. He cares deeply about the opinions of message boards so he searches those forums for a sense of who is popular. But the movesets in Brawl prove that Sakurai's browser of choice is not Chrome, it's FireFox. Here's why Chrom can't and shouldn't be in this game:

For starters, Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable because if he was playable he would be a clone. There are a lot of sword users in Brawl already, so Sakurai canot possibly create another sword moveset without stealing somebody else's moves. I know that Sakurai has already exhausted all possible sword moveset ideas because I am Sakurai.

Another reason why Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable is because it would force another Fire Emblem character to get cut. There were 2 FE reps in Melee and in Brawl. Therefore Sakurai cannot possibly give the FE series more than 2 playable characters. It is a pattern. I have no proof that the pattern will continue, but that's not my problem. You must prove that the pattern will break, otherwise it is unbreakable.

Finally, Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable because he is a blue-haired, male sword user. Brawl had too many blue-haired male sword users and Sakurai said he wasn't going to add any more of them because he cares about me. Roy and Lyn are infinitely better choices over Chrom because they don't have blue hair. Also, Sakurai said he added Zero Suit Samus in Brawl because he wanted to add more females. Therefore he wants to add even more females now. Why would Sakurai add yet another blue-haired male sword user when he could add a female Fire Emblem character? He wouldn't.

Chrom is a garbage candidate for this game. Are you happy that Sakurai considers Chrom a garbage character? I hope you are.

Proof?
#3ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:09:04 AM
Chomper4 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Proof?

I do have proof. Did you read?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/17/2013 8:13:39 AM
This topic may be sarcastic but it proves the brutal ignorance in this damn board.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#5LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/17/2013 8:18:46 AM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
Finally, Chrom can't and shouldn't be playable because he is a blue-haired, male sword user. Brawl had too many blue-haired male sword users and Sakurai said he wasn't going to add any more of them because he cares about me. Roy and Lyn are infinitely better choices over Chrom because they don't have blue hair.

This topic needs to be stickied just for this one part of the post alone.

Seriously, it would take me quite a while to think of a dumber complaint that's ever been made by anyone about anything than "SSB4 would have too much blue hair if Marth, Ike, and Chrom were in the roster".
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#6LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:33 AM(edited)
By the way, you forgot the part where Chrom doesn't have the ability to class change and is therefore forced to only use a sword.

He also can't be given magic or weapons he doesn't use in Awakening's actual story because canon is considered sacred in SSB and it can never be ignored when creating a character's moveset. Ness, Lucas, and Zelda are all wonderful examples of this fact.

Also, since Ike didn't use an axe for any of his attacks, it is impossible for Chrom to use a spear for any of his attacks.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/17/2013 8:23:31 AM
All I'm gonna say is that SUBJECTIVELY, I think another FE sword user would be super boring aesthetically regardless of how unique his moveset was.

And who ever used that as an argument for likelihood, I usually see that as a preference thing.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#8Chomper4Posted 2/17/2013 8:29:06 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Chomper4 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Proof?

I meant a link to support your proof.
#9LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/17/2013 8:45:41 AM(edited)
SpunkySix posted...
And who ever used that as an argument for likelihood, I usually see that as a preference thing.

Doug.
---
#10ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:57:11 AM
Chomper4 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Chomper4 posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Proof?

I meant a link to support your proof.

Yes, I do have a link.
---