This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Color differential between Marth, Ike, and Chrom's hair...

#1ShadowMegaman1Posted 2/17/2013 12:38:28 PM
Fire Emblem discussions have hit new lows recently. That is nothing surprising, or new for that matter; but the sheer amount of people using hair color hair color as an argument against Chrom just... Well, it's dumb. In an attempt to motivate people to use their critical thinking skills, the link below is a palette of all three character's hair colors as taken from their Fire Emblem: Awakening artwork.

http://i.imgur.com/FqEKChU.png?1

As anyone with two eyes can see (unless you happen to be color blind, in which case I offer my condolences), these colors are not that close. Going the extra mile, here are the name of each color for the inquisitive among you:

Chrom - Mulled Wine
Marth - Wedgewood
Ike - Royal Blue
#2goshner3Posted 2/17/2013 12:40:26 PM
There are only 6 colors! Anything else is fake!
---
Not a Prince of Anything
#3Astro1446Posted 2/17/2013 12:44:24 PM
A+ Topic.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit.
http://i55.tinypic.com/jtweaa.jpg - Credit to heero_fred.
#4Hejiru206Posted 2/17/2013 1:13:28 PM
This changes everything.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5SpunkySixPosted 2/17/2013 1:15:32 PM
Hair color isn't the argument, it's just used to drive home how similar they are in appearance. Anybody who says hair color is the main problem is delusional.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#6ShadowMegaman1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:23:23 PM(edited)
SpunkySix posted...
Hair color isn't the argument, it's just used to drive home how similar they are in appearance. Anybody who says hair color is the main problem is delusional.

You'd be surprised... Dress is the same as well. Chrom looks very little like either two, with the closest leanings towards Dawn Brigade Ike.
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 2/17/2013 1:25:39 PM(edited)
SpunkySix posted...

Their body types, clothing, faces, movements, mannerisms, and weapons also vary in the same ways. You're completely arbitrary. You arbitrarily ignore the differences because they aren't differences you like.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#8SpunkySixPosted 2/17/2013 1:28:43 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Their body types, clothing, faces, movements, mannerisms, and weapons also vary in the same ways. You're completely arbitrary. You arbitrarily ignore the differences because they aren't differences you like.

Again, I'm not ignoring them, but they're still way smaller differences than a hedgehog, a dinosaur and a plumber. I've only expressed a subjective distaste for the similarities, I'm not even arguing for a purpose anymore.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#9ViewtifulGenePosted 2/17/2013 1:31:04 PM
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Again, I'm not ignoring them, but they're still way smaller differences than a hedgehog, a dinosaur and a plumber. I've only expressed a subjective distaste for the similarities, I'm not even arguing for a purpose anymore.

What determines what differences are large or small? Nothing but arbitrarily-defined thresholds.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#10SpunkySixPosted 2/17/2013 1:37:25 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...

What determines what differences are large or small? Nothing but arbitrarily-defined thresholds.

Do you have eyes. Do they work? Good, then you should be able to see how Marth and Ike look more similar than Mario and Yoshi. I shouldn't have to define why. Unless you want to scientifically explain to me how yellow and black contrast more than red and pink.
---
Tissue to the extreme!