Color differential between Marth, Ike, and Chrom's hair...

#111SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 9:41:02 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Yet this OP specified NOTHING about likelihood. And it isn't about "too similar" it's about "too similar when compared to other potential FE reps". IF you want aesthetic variety maximized, then no, that isn't questionable.

The premise that variety should be optimized is questionable. The line of questioning stands.

OP specified nothing about wants if that's the game you're playing.

I didn't say it should be, I said I wanted it to be along with a group of other users here. Knowing this, Chrom is not the best FE rep for said group.

Exactly. The OP specified nothing. Therefor, it generally slammed anybody who was against Chrom as a FE rep due to aesthetics regardless of what their reasoning was, even if it was a simple subjective opinion. Maybe TC should be a little more specific when throwing accusations around.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#112ViewtifulGenePosted 2/18/2013 10:14:09 AM
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Yet this OP specified NOTHING about likelihood. And it isn't about "too similar" it's about "too similar when compared to other potential FE reps". IF you want aesthetic variety maximized, then no, that isn't questionable.

The premise that variety should be optimized is questionable. The line of questioning stands.

I didn't say it should be, I said I wanted it to be along with a group of other users here. Knowing this, Chrom is not the best FE rep for said group.

Exactly. The OP specified nothing. Therefor, it generally slammed anybody who was against Chrom as a FE rep due to aesthetics regardless of what their reasoning was, even if it was a simple subjective opinion. Maybe TC should be a little more specific when throwing accusations around.

He specified nothing about wants. Therefore you had no reason to storm in based on wants. There's no proof it was aimed at you.

The want is based on a normative premise. The premise is questionable. Therefore the line of questioning stands.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#113OblivionEssencePosted 2/18/2013 10:53:46 AM
Pretty sure you guys argue just to flex your debate muscles. =/
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#114SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 11:05:58 AM
OblivionEssence posted...
Pretty sure you guys argue just to flex your debate muscles. =/

Actually, I argue because I feel I have a point. The practice doesn't hurt though, and ViewtifulGene, if I can speak candidly, is one of the few people that consistently challenges me to think beyond my usual level of thought and regularly beats me out in arguments. Which makes things interesting, and even fun. I like being challenged.

I really don't have much left in me for this one. I still say he could have been more specific, but I don't know enough about how the brain works to explain how specific differentness can be quantified.

Gene Wins
Debatality
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#115ShadowMegaman1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:44:32 PM
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...

I was specific, I mentioned the hair color argument explicitly. Which was the premise of my original post. Had nothing to do with personal desires.
#116LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 12:50:19 PM
Spunky, if you're so concerned about aesthetics, then why do you support Waluigi, a character that looks similar in appearance to three other characters that are already playable in the Smash roster?

If three characters having blue hair is such a horrible offense (and it's not even that their hair is exactly the same, it's just the ****ing color), then why is wearing a purple version of the same exact same outfit as three other characters and having brown hair like those three characters acceptable?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#117SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 1:08:23 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Spunky, if you're so concerned about aesthetics, then why do you support Waluigi, a character that looks similar in appearance to three other characters that are already playable in the Smash roster?

If three characters having blue hair is such a horrible offense (and it's not even that their hair is exactly the same, it's just the ****ing color), then why is wearing a purple version of the same exact same outfit as three other characters and having brown hair like those three characters acceptable?

...because he doesn't use the same weapon or have a remotely similar body type. Waluigi is the dark counterpart to Luigi so some basic clothing similarities are justified. He isn't the same "class" as any of the represented characters. You can barely even see Waluigi's hair... the comparison is so off I'm not even sure I covered everything.

It's not like he'd have fireballs, jump attacks, spin/water attacks and cape/headbutt attacks, and if he did, then I wouldn't want him.

Amd when did I say it was a "horrible offense"? Until this argument began, I wasn't even complaining much about it, I just said I didn't want Chrom because of aesthetic similarities that stretch beyond clothing. Which is fairly similar between the Chrom and Ike/Marth anyway, at least in terms of style.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#118SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 1:11:33 PM
ShadowMegaman1 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
SpunkySix posted...

I was specific, I mentioned the hair color argument explicitly. Which was the premise of my original post. Had nothing to do with personal desires.

No you weren't. You mentioned hair color, but you said nothing at all about who the "dumb" comment was aimed at. You didn't say that it was aimed at those who didn't want Chrom because of any particular reasoning, you just said that basically, not wanting Chrom for any aesthetic similarities based reason was dumb. You didn't specify arguing for likelihood at any point in the OP.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#119PlasmaCannonPosted 2/18/2013 1:12:05 PM
This topic was an interesting read. ViewtifulGenes debate skills are top notch, I'm almost envious.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#120SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:07 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
This topic was an interesting read. ViewtifulGenes debate skills are top notch, I'm almost envious.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Out of ten, how many of my butts would you say were kicked in the end?
---
Tissue to the extreme!