This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name Five Vets and Five Brawl Newcomers Who You Think Will be Axed.

#11DMZappPosted 2/18/2013 11:54:00 AM
VETS
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Young/Toon Link
Falco
Game and Watch

BRAWLERS
Ike
Robotic Operating Buddy
Wolf
Solid Snake
Lucario
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2664-2654-8959
Nothin' much, just cookin'.
#12SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 12:00:28 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
I don't think we'll get that many cuts.

I think (and hope) we'll get more than 10 cuts. (To make space for even more newcomers)

That would be terrible and not only would I not buy this game, I'd seriously reconsider buying a Wii U at all.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#13FlameKishinPosted 2/18/2013 12:13:57 PM(edited)
Vets;
Ganondorf
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Toon/Young Link
Mewtwo

Brawl Newcomers;
Wolf
Snake
Sonic
Lucas
R.O.B.

Ike is likely to go, but you said pick 5. Fire Emblem may not be gigantic overseas, but it's huge in Japan, as is Marth, so I highly doubt he will go anywhere.

I see Wolf far more likely to go than Falco, and i'd certainly have nothing to do with the game after removing Roy AND Falco from the roster, because then all i'd have is Captain Falcon that I want to play, and he wasn't fun in Brawl.
#14OMG_AIDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:34:29 PM
SpunkySix posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...

I think (and hope) we'll get more than 10 cuts. (To make space for even more newcomers)

That would be terrible and not only would I not buy this game, I'd seriously reconsider buying a Wii U at all.

I'm not saying give the axe to Mario, Link, Samus, ect... but why not get rid of some less liked characters and clones in order to add some new characters and keep the game feeling fresh and new?
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#15LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 12:40:11 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
SpunkySix posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...

I'm not saying give the axe to Mario, Link, Samus, ect... but why not get rid of some less liked characters and clones in order to add some new characters and keep the game feeling fresh and new?

Because there's arguably only one real clone in Brawl (Toon Link) and a few semi-clones (Lucas, Falco, Luigi, and Ganondorf).

Getting rid of anyone else besides those 5 (all of which are major characters from their series, except for maybe Falco) would most likely mean that we'd lose unique movesets.

And yes, I purposely excluded Wolf because he barely qualifies as a clone.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#16OMG_AIDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:59:54 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
SpunkySix posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...

Because there's arguably only one real clone in Brawl (Toon Link) and a few semi-clones (Lucas, Falco, Luigi, and Ganondorf).

Getting rid of anyone else besides those 5 (all of which are major characters from their series, except for maybe Falco) would most likely mean that we'd lose unique movesets.

And yes, I purposely excluded Wolf because he barely qualifies as a clone.

I'm fine with Wolf staying (change his Final Smash though) and Luigi must stay due to the fact he's Luigi (Give him the Poltergust or something to change him up a bit.) The other three can easily be tossed.

Then, do we really need to see Snake and Sonic again? I view them more as guest appearances and less of long term additions. (Note that I loved playing as both characters, I just think there inclusion isn't necessary.)

A few other scratchable characters can be found by looking at all the repeated answers that are popping up in this thread. I don't want the whole cast scrubbed but it's just not realistic to expect a 60 man roster and I'd rather have someone new to play as instead of characters like Game & Watch for the third time.
---
#17LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 1:10:17 PM(edited)
OMG_AIDS posted...
I'm fine with Wolf staying (change his Final Smash though) and Luigi must stay due to the fact he's Luigi (Give him the Poltergust or something to change him up a bit.) The other three can easily be tossed.

Then that means 7 unique characters would be thrown away, if we're still sticking with 10 cuts.

Then, do we really need to see Snake and Sonic again?

Can anything in Smash be defined as a "need"?

I view them more as guest appearances and less of long term additions. (Note that I loved playing as both characters, I just think there inclusion isn't necessary.)

They both offer unique movesets and Sonic is Mario's biggest rival. I don't see why they should be cut.

A few other scratchable characters can be found by looking at all the repeated answers that are popping up in this thread. I don't want the whole cast scrubbed but it's just not realistic to expect a 60 man roster and I'd rather have someone new to play as instead of characters like Game & Watch for the third time.

Out of the ones you've chosen, Mr. Game & Watch represents an entire series of early handheld games made by Nintendo, the Ice Climbers represent their own game, Jigglypuff has a unique moveset that probably couldn't be given to a different character, Ganondorf is one of the three most recurring Zelda characters in the Zelda series, ROB saved the gaming industry in the west (along with repping two of his own games), Snake has a unique moveset, Sonic has a long history with Nintendo, Lucas was the main character of the last EarthBound/Mother game, and Ike is one of the two lords in the FE series that have starred in 2 FE games (the other being Marth).

The only choices I can agree on are Toon Link and maybe Falco.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#18OMG_AIDS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:30:58 PM
I understand where your coming from but I must disagree with your reasonings for why some characters should stay. Sure Game & Watch had a huge series of games but do people love playing as him in Smash? Not that I've seen. Same goes for R.O.B and Ice Climbers (Though I think more people like them in comparison to R.O.B. and G&W.) Just because a character is important to Nintendo history doesn't mean they should have a free pass for re-occurring. They can be honored with stages, assist trophies, items, music, ect...

We clearly have two different opinions and only time will tell who stays and who goes but I think we can agree that Smash is in great hands and won't fail to impress. ^_^
---
#19LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 1:36:10 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
Sure Game & Watch had a huge series of games but do people love playing as him in Smash? Not that I've seen.

Yes, people do like playing as Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and the Ice Climbers.

Just because you haven't seen people that like playing as those characters doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just because a character is important to Nintendo history doesn't mean they should have a free pass for re-occurring. They can be honored with stages, assist trophies, items, music, ect...

And what reasons are there to cut them, exactly?

If being important to Nintendo's history doesn't matter, then why do all of the major characters in Brawl's roster get a free pass?
---
#20alpha-apePosted 2/18/2013 1:41:58 PM
alpha-ape posted...
Vets:
- Ganondorf
- Game & Watch
- Ice Climbers
- (getting impossible here) Peach
- Sheik

Brawl newcomers:

-Sonic
-Snake
-Lucas
-Lucario
-PT

How COULD I forgtet Falco at Vets? Swap Peach with Falco
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.