So Smash's fanbase is basically a bunch of FE fan babies...

#1GreatJallopiPosted 2/18/2013 9:30:13 AM
HERP DERP IKE'S NOT GETTING CUT. HE'S STILL RELEVANT 'CAUSE HE'S DLC ON AWAKENING. HE'S STILL AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER!

Seriously, back on the Brawl boards too, the minute I said one thing slightly bad about Ike or Marth, I got so much backlash.

I won't doubt if someone marks this topic for trolling either, because that ALWAYS happened on the Brawl boards when I actually wasn't trolling, and somehow the corrupt mods still complied with the thread marking.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2Davidk92Posted 2/18/2013 9:31:52 AM
Pretty much. It really grinds my gears how everyone thinks Fire Emblem is as big as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, when back before Melee most of the fans hadn't even heard of it.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 2/18/2013 9:33:37 AM
Never said Ike is confirmed to stay. I said it is not proven that he will be cut.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#4RanzEDGEPosted 2/18/2013 9:37:44 AM
I aint no fan baby because i wanna keep ike though i do see why your pretty ticked.
---
"We are not small you are just to big can you not see this!?" ~TheDenpamen
#5TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/18/2013 9:41:39 AM
I think FE is a pretty big series. I most certainly like it better then Mario and Zelda.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#6GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:43:12 AM
TheMasterTurtle posted...
I think FE is a pretty big series. I most certainly like it better then Mario and Zelda.

And posts like this show the pretentiousness of the FE fanbase. I think this series is big because I personally like it better than bigger series.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 9:43:29 AM

How is subjective liking relevant to a discussion on popularity?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#8MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/18/2013 9:54:57 AM
I think FE is a pretty big series.

It's known and popular, but not even friggin' close to being 'big'.
#9Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/18/2013 10:25:07 AM
Wishful thinking is more a commonality of the Smash fanbase if anything. I can't say this is particularly unique to the Fire Emblem side of things.

Given the recent release of Awakening overseas you're seeing an increase in talk with regard to Fire Emblem so it stands out more lately. I doubt there's any more to it than that.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#10GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:27:07 AM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
Wishful thinking is more a commonality of the Smash fanbase if anything. I can't say this is particularly unique to the Fire Emblem side of things.

Given the recent release of Awakening overseas you're seeing an increase in talk with regard to Fire Emblem so it stands out more lately. I doubt there's any more to it than that.

Back in the pre-release days of Brawl there were FE fans who insisted it would have four reps.
---