So Smash's fanbase is basically a bunch of FE fan babies...

#31LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 12:46:33 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
TheMasterTurtle posted...
I think FE is a pretty big series. I most certainly like it better then Mario and Zelda.

And posts like this show the pretentiousness of the FE fanbase. I think this series is big because I personally like it better than bigger series.

He didn't say that's why he thinks it's a big series, he was just saying that he liked it better than other Nintendo series as a side comment.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#32GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:49:43 PM
Let the records show that LegendOfLegaia is exactly the kind of person to whom this thread refers.

If you're that butthurt that you made three posts in a row to defend your precious Fire Emblem, you might wanna consider doing something else with your life.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#33OblivionEssencePosted 2/18/2013 12:52:59 PM(edited)
However, FE is getting bigger. It's certainly bigger than Star Fox ever was,

That's not even close to being true. An FE game hasn't even broken a million yet. Star Fox lifetime has sold almost twice as much as FE has, with less than half the amount of games of FE.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#34OblivionEssencePosted 2/18/2013 12:58:16 PM
This is actually a troll topic, but honestly, I think there are a lot of FE fans who are a bit in over their heads in terms of the popularity of their series and series' characters.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#35VirusLordPosted 2/18/2013 12:59:30 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Pretty much. It really grinds my gears how everyone thinks Fire Emblem is as big as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, when back before Melee most of the fans hadn't even heard of it.

Um... back before Melee it had never been released outside of Japan, and FE6 was the only game that had made it past the Super Famicom. The Fire Emblem series has exploded into popularity, and has more than doubled the number of games it has (we're now on FE13). So, yeah, comparing it to before Melee isn't really relevant.

Fire Emblem is a big discussion on this board because a) Fire Emblem Awakening was just recently released, and b) there's a lot of room for argument about FE reps. Fire Emblem has a lot of characters, so it's natural that there's going to be more argument about it than, for instance, Zelda, which has a much more limited selection of characters that can really represent the series. In that way, Fire Emblem is similar to Pokemon.

It also is certainly not a stretch to assume FE getting at least three characters. It got two reps back in Melee when almost no one had heard of it, it sure as heck deserves a new slot after how far it's come.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#36Someguy_13Posted 2/18/2013 1:44:39 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
I think FE is a pretty big series. I most certainly like it better then Mario and Zelda.

And posts like this show the pretentiousness of the FE fanbase. I think this series is big because I personally like it better than bigger series.

It's a better selling series, that's longer running, with more installments than Starfox.

And Starfox has one rep more than it.

Hell even Mother (a completely dead series) is on par with it rep wise.
FE deserves more reps.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#37GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:10:04 PM(edited)
Someguy_13 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

It's a better selling series, that's longer running, with more installments than Starfox.

And Starfox has one rep more than it.

Hell even Mother (a completely dead series) is on par with it rep wise.
FE deserves more reps.

Where do you guys pull your sales figures from? Despite fewer games, Star Fox has sold more over all than Fire Emblem has.

Not to mention number of games =/= how deserving a franchise is. Fire Emblem isn't iconic like Star Fox is. Anyone who hasn't played Fire Emblem won't be excited over a new rep, because it'll just be "another Fire Emblem rep", whereas with Star Fox everyone knows who the cast is.

Also, not to mention Star Fox made a HUGE cultural impact that Fire Emblem fans love to ignore in their pathetic attempts at discounting Star Fox as an unworthy series. Comparing Fire Emblem to Star Fox is almost pathetic.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#38LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 2:13:59 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
Not to mention number of games =/= how deserving a franchise is.

In all fairness, the idea of how much a series deserves a certain amount of reps is subjective.

Anyone who hasn't played Fire Emblem won't be excited over a new rep, because it'll just be "another Fire Emblem rep",

Except that I was excited about Ike's inclusion before Brawl was released and that was before I ever played a Fire Emblem game.

whereas with Star Fox everyone knows who the cast is.

Define "everyone" and tell me how you arrived to that conclusion.

I, along with plenty of my friends, didn't even know about Starfox until after we played Smash.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#39GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:17:40 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
Not to mention number of games =/= how deserving a franchise is.

In all fairness, the idea of how much a series deserves a certain amount of reps is subjective.

Anyone who hasn't played Fire Emblem won't be excited over a new rep, because it'll just be "another Fire Emblem rep",

Except that I was excited about Ike's inclusion before Brawl was released and that was before I ever played a Fire Emblem game.

whereas with Star Fox everyone knows who the cast is.

Define "everyone" and tell me how you arrived to that conclusion.

I, along with plenty of my friends, didn't even know about Starfox until after we played Smash.

Yeah, and I didn't know what Mother, F-Zero, or Metroid were until I played Smash 64, and I was like seven years old at the time. What's your point?

Have you never gone around on the Internet and seen the impact Star Fox made?
---
#40LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 2:20:34 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
Yeah, and I didn't know what Mother, F-Zero, or Metroid were until I played Smash 64, and I was like seven years old at the time. What's your point?

My point is that not everyone knows who the cast of the Starfox games are, so saying that would be incorrect.

Have you never gone around on the Internet and seen the impact Star Fox made?

... Are you really referring to the barrel roll meme? >_>
---