Poll: Which of these potential Mario newcomers do you want?

#11LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 1:10:13 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Dixie technically is more likely than King K. Rool

Based off of what?

Sure, her model is similar to Diddy's (which makes her easier to include, similar to Jigglypuff's situation with Kirby), but King K. Rool is currently one of the most requested characters for Smash.

I'm not saying that he's a shoo in, but it would be odd if Sakurai decided to include Dixie over K. Rool at this point.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#12albertojz356Posted 2/18/2013 1:13:20 PM(edited)
I voted for Daisy but if she wasn't in the poll my vote would go to Toad.

LegendofLegaia posted...

I'm not saying that he's a shoo in, but it would be odd if Sakurai decided to include Dixie over K. Rool at this point.

Why would it be odd? There have been several situations where the underdog takes the spotlight. Zero Suit Samus over Ridley for instance and Jigglypuff over so many pokemon.

---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#13Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/18/2013 1:11:55 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...

Based off of what?

Sure, her model is similar to Diddy's (which makes her easier to include, similar to Jigglypuff's situation with Kirby), but King K. Rool is currently one of the most requested characters for Smash.

Based that she was going to be playable in Brawl, but Sakurai ran out of time to implement her. Simple.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#14PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:47 PM
She was supposed to be in as a Diddy/Dixie duo, but problems arose.

Too bad, I'd love to play them as a duo.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#15liveman789Posted 2/18/2013 1:19:27 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...

Based off of what?

Based that she was going to be playable in Brawl, but Sakurai ran out of time to implement her. Simple.

I think that Dr. Mario, Dixie, Roy, Toon Zedla/Tetra, and Plusle/Minum were last minute filler options. If they had enough extra time, they could possibly fit in these filler characters that would be easy to make as they would most likely be clones of Mario, Diddy, Marth, Zelda/Sheik, and Pikachu.

Now that they have Brawl's roster to base SSB4 on, they have the time to focus on more demanded characters of those series. Characters that have better potential for original movesets, instead of last minute clones.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi47.tinypic.com/6yh0dl.jpg
#16SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 1:31:18 PM
Junior, by far.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#17albertojz356Posted 2/18/2013 1:34:57 PM
liveman789 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

Based off of what?

I think that Dr. Mario, Dixie, Roy, Toon Zedla/Tetra, and Plusle/Minum were last minute filler options. If they had enough extra time, they could possibly fit in these filler characters that would be easy to make as they would most likely be clones of Mario, Diddy, Marth, Zelda/Sheik, and Pikachu.

Now that they have Brawl's roster to base SSB4 on, they have the time to focus on more demanded characters of those series. Characters that have better potential for original movesets, instead of last minute clones.

That kind of makes sense since most of them are clone material. Except Dixie. How would she work as a clone? Her fighting style is far different from Diddy since she can't use jetpacks and her hair is her primary weapon.

BTWI like your sig roster :D.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#18SpunkySixPosted 2/18/2013 1:36:39 PM
Dixie could easily be a clone if Sakurai wants her to be.

And I believe she did use a jetpack in Barrel Blast.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Hey, is that Jack Ryder up there?!?
#19MichaelollPosted 2/18/2013 1:38:00 PM
Tiny Kong was in barrel blast.
#20albertojz356Posted 2/18/2013 1:38:21 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Dixie could easily be a clone if Sakurai wants her to be.

And I believe she did use a jetpack in Barrel Blast.

Oh true that does make sense considering Ganondorf. Well if he was going to add her as a clone i'm actually glad he didn't she deserves better than to be portrayed as a moveset clone imho.
---