Who's the most overrated Smash character? Day 3 part 2: Ness vs Pichu

#1alpha-apePosted 2/18/2013 1:52:49 PM
Who's more overrated? - Results (33 votes)
Ness
36.36% (12 votes)
Pichu
63.64% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Vote for the character you think is more overrated! (I'm not saying they ARE overrated, just your opinion.) With overrated I mean overrated in power, popularity, etc. (Just what you see in 'overrated'.)

Today there are again two parts, one with Mewtwo against Roy and one with Ness and Pichu.

I'm going with Ness, Pichu is barely mentioned on here, while Ness has all the 'Should Ness be cut' topics.

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/overrated_smash_characters
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#2LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/18/2013 1:55:18 PM
Ness is overrated in the sense that people constantly say that he's guaranteed to return for this game, yet they never actually provide evidence that Sakurai gives a damn about whether or not a character was in the first Smash Bros. game.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#3GenoPosted 2/18/2013 1:58:30 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Ness is overrated in the sense that people constantly say that he's guaranteed to return for this game, yet they never actually provide evidence that Sakurai gives a damn about whether or not a character was in the first Smash Bros. game.

I went ahead and asked Sakurai, and he said Earthbound was his favorite game over Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Game, set, match.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#4alpha-ape(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:46:57 PM
Pichu's getting the most votes, or can she turn the tide?
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#5MegaWentEvilPosted 2/18/2013 3:49:06 PM
Uh, why do you think Pichu is female, alpha-ape?
---
Aku wa yurusan. - Kim Kaphwan
#6alpha-ape(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:53:11 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...
Uh, why do you think Pichu is female, alpha-ape?

I don't know. First impression I guess.
---
#7CrystalKing5426Posted 2/18/2013 3:57:46 PM
How is Pichu winning? Almost everyone hated him in Melee; he's not highly thought of at all. Oh right, Mother fanboys are voting for him.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#8MichaelollPosted 2/18/2013 3:58:43 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
How is Pichu winning? Almost everyone hated him in Melee; he's not highly thought of at all. Oh right, Mother fanboys are voting for him.

because anthony occasionally rambles on about some pichu stuff now and then. i don't see much mother hate, i see more people wanting lucas cut over ness.
#9MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/18/2013 4:10:01 PM
Ness, easily. He's arguably one of the more generic characters of the original 12, and he was nearly replaced by Lucas.