ITT: You are allowed ONE character to GUARANTEE on the roster...

#101LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/19/2013 3:34:53 PM
P00DGE posted...
For me, it would be as generic as making a goomba or a koopa playable.

I'd argue it's more like making Yoshi playable and he's been around since SSB64.

One of those "dime a dozen, no one cares" characters.

If no one cared about him, then he wouldn't have ranked so high in an official Nintendo poll over who was Japan's favorite Mario Kart character (he came in second place, with Yoshi beating him) and he wouldn't have gotten in a different Japanese poll for Japan's top 10 most popular characters (I think he got 8th place in that one). I'm not saying that this is proof that he has a large fanbase (as there weren't a ton of people that voted in those polls), but the fact that he was able to do well in the Mario Kart poll and even compete in the other one is proof that he has at least some kind of fanbase.

The polls:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/28060

http://kotaku.com/5035884/and-japans-favorite-video-game-characters-are
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#102PantherStarLordPosted 2/19/2013 3:36:46 PM
Swimsuit Samus is in then.

Oh I don't need to be allowed to pick Panther since he's already coming anyway.
---
Brawl Code: 4470-2700-8850
Panther is thirsty. Bring him milk.
#103Lao-ShanTuxPosted 2/19/2013 3:56:18 PM
IronticsDragonL posted...
Lao-ShanTux posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
A hunter from the Monster Hunter series, it would help advertise MH in the US.

THANK YOU.

I WANT MOAR MONSTER HUNTER GAMES TOO!

B-side would shoot arrows

B would be a greatsword charge attack, holding it down would continue to charge it, until the hunter flashes red, which you would then let go of B to crush the poor fools who are in front of you

B-down would be a spin attack with dual swords

B-up would be jumping off of either Cha-Cha or a felyne's head to attack an opponent.

That's a pretty good special set!
Neutral A could uses Sword/shield, Side-A could be lance, Side Smash could be a hammer super-pound, really strong but really slow, Down-A could be a dual sword sweep or something, Down Smash could be a gunlance shot aimed down, Up tilt...no idea, and Up Smash could be a longsword arc above the head.
SO MUCH POTENTIAL >:U

We all know what the taunts would be. :D
---
When people are trying to kill you, you know you did something right.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung and Deino of everything. Freya Crescent is best.
#104albertojz356Posted 2/19/2013 3:58:57 PM
Pauline, if she were guaranteed I know for fact I would never complain ever again.

Although I would be really thrilled with any of my other favorites guaranteed and probably won't complain either.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#105toadfan64Posted 2/19/2013 6:08:31 PM
P00DGE posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
P00DGE posted...
eaglefan831 posted...
Toad

When SSBB was doing the dojo everyday I was hoping I'd wake up and see Toad as a playable character. When I seen Toad was an assistant trophy I just sat there for like 2 minutes staring into oblivion. If they have Toad that's all I want.

What is so special about Toad? He always seemed like one of the more generic Mario characters to me.

He's arguably the most iconic Mario character not yet playable and he has access to all of the NSMB powerups that Mario and Luigi don't use.

He was playable in Mario Bros 2. He never really struck me as a "cool" character though. For me, it would be as generic as making a goomba or a koopa playable. One of those "dime a dozen, no one cares" characters. That is just me though. I have never particularly found most of the Mario characters or enemies to be particularly interesting or exciting. Generic cartoon stuff. Mario games are good, but it is a game where the sum of its whole was greater than its pieces.

Ever since 1996 when I played MK64 I've always liked Toad more than everyone else. I don't know why, it might be the fact that my older bro always took him and when I finally got the chance to use him it was like the greatest thing ever (I was 3 1/2 at the time). He's definitely not the coolest character, but he's the most fun character for me to use in games he's in.
---
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64
#106BrownbearbobPosted 2/19/2013 6:23:56 PM
King K. Rool
---
3DSFC: 0430-8332-4765