I can't help but wonder if the Dojo was part of the reason Brawl got delayed

#1SalsaSavantPosted 2/20/2013 10:34:17 AM
After all, Sakurai claimed to be writing them. I doubt he wrote ALL of them, but having the guy in charge take a half hour out of his time almost every day to take up to date screenshots would actually total a lot of time. Maybe that's the reason Sakurai is hesitant to promote the game so far?
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#2OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/20/2013 10:36:24 AM
We're gonna see some **** at E3, that would be enough for me, no need to make a new Dojo.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#3Phantom_NookPosted 2/20/2013 11:06:26 AM
It doesn't take much effort to take pictures of certain parts of the game and post them online.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#4Hejiru206Posted 2/20/2013 11:18:28 AM
Phantom_Nook posted...
It doesn't take much effort to take pictures of certain parts of the game and post them online.

Then why did the staff refer to it as "Dojo update hell?"
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/146816/
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5Elec Man EXEPosted 2/20/2013 11:18:33 AM
I'm sure Sakurai had plenty of time to spare to do the Dojo. I don't really think producer / director roles are working on the game constantly, its the programmers and the art team that are doing the constant work. I doubt there are constant excecutive decisions to make.

Other than the fact that it might be too early to start promoting it, (it could be another year or two before the game comes out) I think the bigger reason would be that all the coverage made everyone overhyped for Brawl and ended up with a lot of people being disappointed. So they're taking more minimalist approach, perhaps.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#6usaamahlinkPosted 2/20/2013 11:33:55 AM
Elec Man EXE posted...
I'm sure Sakurai had plenty of time to spare to do the Dojo. I don't really think producer / director roles are working on the game constantly, its the programmers and the art team that are doing the constant work. I doubt there are constant excecutive decisions to make.

Other than the fact that it might be too early to start promoting it, (it could be another year or two before the game comes out) I think the bigger reason would be that all the coverage made everyone overhyped for Brawl and ended up with a lot of people being disappointed. So they're taking more minimalist approach, perhaps.

Youre seriously underestimating the time Sakurai personally puts into the game. He personally did all the balancing for Brawl (no one else, which in aggregation with the large roster obviously ended up with there being a bit of imbalance)
This time Sakurai has stated that he will involve the team more personally in the important decisions, but he is still working in the midst of the team himself. Also that 30 minutes per day he put in may not seem like a lot of time, but honestly, even if he ONLY put in 30minutes each day, thats 30 minuntes he could have spent elsewhere, working on the game, with his family, eating, resting, anything. It does take time out, and it would obviously have cause either the game to take a little longer to complete, or the whole team being under more pressure to work harder and faster.. so it does obviously have an effect. Its probably smarter to be a bit more quiet this time around, and take more of a teasing approach..
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, F-Zero GX.
#7pokemonynstynPosted 2/20/2013 12:02:52 PM
I doubt it. The writing that was there shouldn't have taken more than two minutes for any given post, while the screenshots really only should have taken half an hour or so.
---
Replace
#8IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/20/2013 12:08:03 PM
Hejiru206 posted...
Phantom_Nook posted...

Then why did the staff refer to it as "Dojo update hell?"
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/146816/

Wow. I've never read this.

If all of this is true, I'd be quite impressed. Not that many (including myself) appreciated the final product as much, but sometimes I admire sheer effort.
---
|N|M|E|
#9Doug314Posted 2/20/2013 1:01:07 PM
Yeah, it probably was. It takes far more than 2 minutes to write stuff of the quality that Sakurai produced, and he did a lot more of the game than some people seem to think.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!