This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which characters do you think have no chance of leaving?

#1__Gaminator__Posted 2/20/2013 1:49:06 PM
All the Mario characters
All the Zelda Characters except Toon Link
Kirby
Metaknight
Fox
Samus
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Game & Watch

Anyone agree/disagree? I think the last three are too unique to be removed and they add a good variety to play style. I didn't add Ness/Lucas because I feel that they could remove/change one or the other. The state of the other pokemon characters as well as the FE reps are up in the air. I feel like anything could happen to them.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/20/2013 1:51:26 PM(edited)
ROB and Jigglypuff.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/20/2013 1:52:10 PM
Marth should be added to this list.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#4l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/20/2013 1:53:01 PM
Why the heck is Dedede not on your list? Why does he have a chance of getting cut?
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
#5__Gaminator__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:53:42 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
Marth should be added to this list.

I think either Marth will stay, or he will be replaced with a clone. I don't feel like any of the FE characters are safe, though.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#6CharizardFirePosted 2/20/2013 2:32:45 PM(edited)
All starting roster characters

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Falco
Marth
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch

Jigglypuff and Ness have a severely low chance of getting cut.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#7__Gaminator__(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:55:38 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Why the heck is Dedede not on your list? Why does he have a chance of getting cut?

Good point, no way in hell Sakurai would let him be taken out. I just personally never use him and I don't know many people that use him, even though he's not very low tier.
---
Bear in my oatmeal!
#8l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/20/2013 1:57:12 PM
__Gaminator__ posted...
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...

Good point, no way in hell Sakurai would let him be taken out. I just personally never use him and I don't know many people that use him, even though he's not very low tier.

Doesn't Nintendo know about Brawl in the Family? I don't think they'd want Sakurai to remove the comic's antagonist.
---
#9GenoPosted 2/20/2013 2:00:39 PM
This is gonna piss Legend off, but I suggest Ness.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#10LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/20/2013 2:19:02 PM
Geno posted...
This is gonna piss Legend off, but I suggest Ness.

It doesn't piss me off, but I do highly disagree with the idea that Ness is completely safe.

If an EarthBound/Mother rep is cut, then it's between him and a character that was originally meant to replace him (on top of this, Lucas is the main character of the last game in the series).

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see Ness return (along with Lucas), but there is not sufficient enough evidence that being apart of the original 12 prevents a character from being cut. Sakurai doesn't necessarily have to follow the pattern of including them in the previous games. And yeah, when you say "the same 12 characters from the original have been included in all 3 games", it sounds kind of impressive at first, but when you consider how 9 out of 12 of the characters in the original roster are the main character of their entire series and/or their series's biggest mascot before Brawl was released (it's currently 10 out of 12, now that Luigi's Mansion has become a series instead of a single game), the possibility of the concept that Sakurai considers the original 12 characters sacred just because of their original 12 status being a correlation = cause fallacy seems much greater.

Ness and Jigglypuff have always been pretty much the only remotely disposable characters in SSB64's roster.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one