Which characters do you think have no chance of leaving?

#21JaraelRhimirPosted 2/21/2013 11:36:46 AM
Same thing I've been telling everyone:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Yoshi
4. Link
5. Samus/ZSS
6. Fox
7. Pikachu
8. Donkey Kong
9. Ness
10. Kirby
11. Jigglypuff
12. Captain Falcon
13. Peach
14. Bowser
15. Zelda/Sheik
16. Ganondorf
17. 2nd Star Fox rep (probably Falco but may be Wolf)
18. Ice Climbers
19. 4th Pokemon rep (someone from Gen VI, Genesect, Mewtwo or Lucario)
20. Marth
21. Mr. Game & Watch
22. Meta Knight
23. Pit
24. Wario
25. Captain Olimar (or whoever the protagonist of Pikmin 3 is)
26. Diddy Kong
27. Toon Link
28. Snake
29. Sonic
30. King Dedede
31. Pokemon Trainer
32. 2nd Fire Emblem rep (probably Chrom)

In my opinion, ALL of these characters are lock-ins. They are confirmed. Toon Link won't go anywhere because of the HD Wind Waker remake. Sonic and Snake won't go anywhere because the third party hype train helped sell Brawl, and Nintendo isn't stupid, they're not going to get rid of a feature that made the last game so popular. Doing so would make Smash 4 seem like a downgrade.
#22Ari917Posted 2/21/2013 11:42:14 AM(edited)
Jangobadass posted...
I have something to confess...I'm not quite sure about Samus' chances...

Yes, she's been in all three games...but Nintendo might foolishly drop her because of her unfortunate and inexplicable lack of popularity in Japan & because she hasn't made as much money for them as the other characters. (Other M made the situation a whole lot worse... x_x)

I'm most likely being paraniod, but Ninty's treatment of her makes me wonder some times...

Other M was a horrible misstep, but I don't think that Nintendo would ever drop her from the roster. Metroid still remains one of Nintendo's successful franchises and at the end of the day it was just one bad game, if one bad game killed a characters chances then every character in the roster would've been gone since the beginning.
#23fawfulmark2Posted 2/21/2013 12:07:15 PM
everyone in this pic:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/a/a7/SSB4_whiteboard.jpg/640px-SSB4_whiteboard.jpg
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#24JangobadassPosted 2/21/2013 1:27:51 PM
Ari917 posted...
Jangobadass posted...
I have something to confess...I'm not quite sure about Samus' chances...

Yes, she's been in all three games...but Nintendo might foolishly drop her because of her unfortunate and inexplicable lack of popularity in Japan & because she hasn't made as much money for them as the other characters. (Other M made the situation a whole lot worse... x_x)

I'm most likely being paraniod, but Ninty's treatment of her makes me wonder some times...

Other M was a horrible misstep, but I don't think that Nintendo would ever drop her from the roster. Metroid still remains one of Nintendo's successful franchises and at the end of the day it was just one bad game, if one bad game killed a characters chances then every character in the roster would've been gone since the beginning.

I think you misread that post. It's not just Other M. It's the fact the Metroid has NEVER(?) been very popular or profitable in Japan as the other franchises. Just look at how they out & loud ignored its anniversary in favor of series that do well all over the world, not just part of it ;_;

You say that Metriod is one of their most successful franchises, but the folks at Ninty's Japanese offices might disagree. Please note that the series was dead for close to 10 years and it took an American game company to revive it.

Other M is only (a fairly small) part of the problem...
---
Lara Croft in an M rated game?
ho boy...
#25Elmdor043Posted 2/21/2013 2:05:18 PM
The original 12

D3
Metaknight
Toon Link (I see the "other Link" spot as permanent and I can only see a Link from the failed timeline replacing, but that's unlikely)
Marth
Peach
Ganondorf
Zelda
Ice Climbers
Falco
Pit
Olimar
Pokemon Trainer (While this specific trainer and his pokemon may be replaced, I'm sure the spot of a Pokemon Trainer is permanent, it's a good character)

Everyone else I think has a good chance of leaving if they need the space, even Wario and Diddy.
---
~Vamos Rafa!~
http://i.imgur.com/38Wuu.jpg