This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I see Dillon being part of the 3DS roster, but not the Wii U roster.

#11MaximumCheddarPosted 2/20/2013 3:06:15 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Both rosters should be the same.

Then there really isn't much of a point getting the one version when you have the other.

Why is the roster suddenly the only thing that exists in the entire game? They could have the same rosters and still have a ton of other differences in the other forms of content, not to mention the fact that one version is portable while the other is not.
#12Jack_the_monke7Posted 2/20/2013 3:26:02 PM
MaximumCheddar posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

Then there really isn't much of a point getting the one version when you have the other.

Why is the roster suddenly the only thing that exists in the entire game? They could have the same rosters and still have a ton of other differences in the other forms of content, not to mention the fact that one version is portable while the other is not.

The thing is, the roster is clearly the driving force for the majority. If the Wii U version and 3DS version have the same roster, many people won't bother getting both regardless of customization or a different story or different modes.
#13LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/20/2013 3:40:50 PM(edited)
Nintendoboy77 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

Sure there is. I could play the more powerful Wii U version at home and I could play the 3DS while I'm on the go. That's enough of a reason for me to want to get both.

Having separate rosters is a bad idea because it prevents some people from using their mains on both versions of the game and it punishes anyone who's not willing to shell out $100 for what could potentially be the same game, for the most part.

If you can swap newcomers, then that makes separate rosters even more pointless because every newcomer would be compatible on both versions and therefore could easily be included in both without making people buy both versions. At this point, having separate rosters would be no better than on-disc DLC.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#14Majora999Posted 2/20/2013 3:46:32 PM
liveman789 posted...
I really hope they don't make console exclusive characters. I plan on getting both, but still.

---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#15JangobadassPosted 2/20/2013 3:56:21 PM
That does sound a little more appropriate
---
Lara Croft in an M rated game?
ho boy...
#16Doug314Posted 2/20/2013 4:24:18 PM
They'll probably both have the same characters. It's just that you'll be able to get custom versions of them on the 3DS game so it's almost as if you can get more by linking, or at least more costumes.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#17The One PharaohPosted 2/21/2013 2:57:25 PM
I would only tolerate console exclusive playable characters if it was a choice between that or no character at all. Example: either Dillon as a 3DS exclusive or no Dillon on either version.
#18PantherStarLordPosted 2/21/2013 3:01:14 PM
According to Sakurai the roster is ONE for both versions.
---
Brawl Code: 4470-2700-8850
Panther is thirsty. Bring him milk.
#19AlphrinPosted 2/22/2013 12:18:20 PM
Geno posted...
I feel like both of the rosters should be similar for the most part, but should also have their own exclusives that can be unlocked for the opposite version by interconnecting the two versions.

It'll sell like hotcakes.

That seems like it would be the most financially viable idea. It works for Pokemon, why not Smash Bros?
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#20RawstyleEeveePosted 2/22/2013 12:31:41 PM
Chomper4 posted...
I think the 3ds game will have the Brawl roster focusing on quality while the Wii U game will have the Brawl roster plus 20 focusing on quanity, them quality by nerfing and gimping later on.

Keep dreaming

We will most likely will get the same roster for both games, due they will link up together
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board