Some food for thought from some FE13 polls I did.

#1SnakeyPosted 2/22/2013 3:21:35 PM
I would like to show some varous polls pertaining to FE13 because I think they would make some people look at the matter of FE13's release a little differently.

First off, here is a poll from this board about who they feel should be the playable character for FE13:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65477105?results=1#1

Which character from FE13 do you want to see playable? - Results (78 votes)
Chrom 64.1% 50
Lucina 10.26% 8
Anna 14.1% 11
My Unit 11.54% 9

As can be seen on this board, by far the most preferred choice for a playable character from FE13 is Chrom.

However, the results become radically different from the same poll on the FE13 board:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65517366

Which character would you most like to see represent FE13 in Smash 4? - Results (157 votes)
Chrom 35.67% 56
Lucina 32.48% 51
My Unit 11.46% 18
Anna 20.38% 32

In this poll, Chrom had a very small plurality of the vote (Lucina is only a handful of votes behind him). Its very interesting how Lucina performed much more strongly in this poll than the Smash Bros. Wii U board.

I think the disceprancy in votes between Lucina's vote for here and there is that here most people are against Lucina because there is a strong animosity to the idea of clones among Western Smash Bros. fans, and considering Lucina's design is basically a genderswap version of Marth, that deeply compromised here votes here.

She may have also have performed stronger on the FE13 board due to people who have played her game really liking her as a character.

This brings me to the last poll. Its a poll asking who their favorite leading character in FE13 was:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65507928

Who was your favorite main protagonist of FE13? - Results (177 votes)
Chrom 20.34% 36
Lucina 32.2% 57
My Unit47.46% 84

As can be seen from this poll Chrom seems to be by far the least popular of the leading characters from FE13. It would be like if Hector were the most popular FE7 lord, yet Eliwood got the most support for playable status in Smash 4.

I will let you guys think about this.
---
Play It Loud
#2MetalKirbyPlushPosted 2/22/2013 3:26:01 PM
It's hard to see a malleable character like Robin in despite the fact that he has a defined personality and incredibly important role in the story.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#3Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:28:04 PM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
It's hard to see a malleable character like Robin in despite the fact that he has a defined personality and incredibly important role in the story.

Yeah, I think if My Unit was not a customizable character and simply another lord, he would be getting far more support than Chrom. The same goes for Lucina if she were anything but a genderswap version of Marth in terms of design.
---
Play It Loud
#4Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 3:46:41 PM
I think FE13 could end up being the Pokemon Black/White of Fire Emblem in that although the main game is popular/successful there is no real stand out character from it.
---
Play It Loud
#5Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/22/2013 3:52:29 PM
In my honest and humble opinion I strictly believe that Fire Emblem fans have always been, I do not know, like dissapointed. If you look at a topic of which Fire Emblem character you would like, Marth and Roy are not that much mentioned, they mention many other names, for example Lyn is mentioned to me a lot, and lately Lucina and sometimesChrom. For some reason GFAQS hate Roy. I personally have not played FE13 outside of a few minutes in the Demo, so far I would pick in my opinion from the demo either the guy that rides a horse whose name I forgot or "Marth" who has a mask (I think Lucina). Chrom to me looks like another version of Ike, but he looks to me much better than Ike, at least the way he acts and talks.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#6Cell JuniorPosted 2/22/2013 3:54:58 PM
Wow, look at all the support Anna got on the FE13 board. Personally, I would want Anna to represent FE13 since the other characters don't appeal to me. Though I liked Lucina and Robin in FE13, I don't think they would transition well into playable characters. Chrom was the only main character from FE13 I was not keen on, he was kind of bland. =/

Still, I am happy to see so much for Anna, especially when so many people yelled at me for suggesting the idea yesterday. =/
---
The Official Lip of the Smash Bros. Wii U Board; Smash Bros. needs more puzzle reps and cute: Lip and Toad for Smash 4
#7MetalKirbyPlushPosted 2/22/2013 4:07:48 PM
Anna is a bit iconic for FE too in that she's sort of the Nurse Joy of the series in merchant form. Better yet, she fights in 13.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#8Cell JuniorPosted 2/22/2013 4:14:38 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
For some reason GFAQS hate Roy. .

I thinks ts primarily because he was a clone and because they think he will be keeping their FE character of choice out (he won't be keeping anyone out though since its only Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrom in the running).

Its kind of funny though considering the Japanese FE and Smash Bros. actually really likes him, as well as the other Smash Bros. and FE sites I have seen. >_>

Me, I think the hatred of clones is way overstated. Though I myself would like to see Pichu back. Besides, Sakurai has said it takes much less time to make clones than fully original character (like 1/6 the effort to make a fully unique character). Personally, I would like Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo back (Doc could work better as costume imo).
---
The Official Lip of the Smash Bros. Wii U Board; Smash Bros. needs more puzzle reps and cute: Lip and Toad for Smash 4
#9VirusLordPosted 2/22/2013 5:58:51 PM
Cell Junior posted...
(he won't be keeping anyone out though since its only Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrom in the running).

I hate this line of thinking. With all of my hate. Which is why I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Smash delivers as unexpectedly as it usually does, with surprises like Pokemon Trainer. Given the diverse selection of Fire Emblem characters available, the roster selection should not be limited to just generic-style swordwielders.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#10Cell JuniorPosted 2/22/2013 6:10:40 PM
VirusLord posted...

I hate this line of thinking. With all of my hate. Which is why I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Smash delivers as unexpectedly as it usually does, with surprises like Pokemon Trainer. Given the diverse selection of Fire Emblem characters available, the roster selection should not be limited to just generic-style swordwielders.

The problem is that nearly all of the lords in the series (except Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, and Cellica) all use swords as their primary weapon. It would NOT be out of place for all of the Fire Emblem characters to use a sword.

There is also far more interest in Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom than any other FE characters.
---