This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Rate My Character Roster (Version 10: The Final Version)

#11LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/23/2013 7:04:21 AM
Continued:

Toon Link - With that HD remake of WW, he's not going anywhere. Even if we weren't getting a remake of WW, I doubt that Sakurai would decide to cut Toon Link, now that we've had a second version of Link for two games.

Also, he isn't "wasting space". At least not for a character with a unique moveset, anyway. Going by what Sakurai said about Melee's roster, a character with a unique moveset roughly takes around the same amount of effort as making 6 clones. Cutting Toon Link would only open a spot for another clone.

Falco - As much as I don't care for him (like Toon Link), I don't think he's going to end up getting cut. Despite being a clone, he's still a pretty popular character in Smash.

However, if it's between him and Wolf, I'd be surprised if Wolf ended up getting cut.

Also, Falco isn't technically a complete clone. Semi-clone maybe, but I don't think he should be cut (I used to be for him getting cut, but not anymore).

Lucas - He was originally supposed to replace Ness in Melee, so I don't think he'd get cut over Ness if they decided to cut a character from the EarthBound/Mother series.

Also, like Falco, Lucas technically isn't a clone. Yes, they share their B-movesets and their Final Smash, but people have to realize that this only makes up about 1/5th or 1/4th of a character's entire moveset.

Ike - FE was originally going to have 3 characters in Brawl and that was before Awakening's success. I really doubt that it's only going to be Marth and Chrom in this game.

However, I guess Roy's huge amount of demand might allow him to compete with Ike for that spot, but I doubt it. At best, I think we'll get Marth, Ike, and Chrom, with Roy as a DLC character.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#12liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:14:41 AM
While I still stand by my arguments, you make some good arguments against them as well, Legend. I could see them going either way for each argument you had against me.

Which is basically why I'm stopping this until we get some more concrete information on the game. There are so many unthinkable options that it's becoming mind numbing when making these rosters, lol.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#13liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:31:35 AM
If any voters could also comment as to why they voted their specific rating, I'd appreciate it.

I'm assuming I'll probably get a good amount of low votes just because of the lack of Mewtwo, as well as for cutting characters.
---
#14UberPyro64Posted 2/23/2013 7:45:53 AM
I would definitely put Falco, Lucas and Toon Link back in.

Both Ness and Lucas are equaly important in the series. Yes Ness is the Original 12 but shouldn't be overlooked that they share equal importance.

Falco has already been in 2 games. Why remove him now? Just give him a few new moves and you're good.

Toon Link is most likely not going anywhere with TWWHD announcement. But you never know here.

Also would add Ike back, if Lucario can return then so can he.

I would take out Bowser Jr, Tingle, Ghirahim and Mii for the 4 to be added back.

Also really disagree about Hades over Palutena. He could get in as a third rep for sure if Sakurai thinks it deserves it but other then that no.

And again I disagree with Dixie being added with Diddy. He's good by himself.

Overall 5/10.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#15McFinderPosted 2/23/2013 7:56:21 AM
Needs more Isaac, less Dixie. Also, no Ike?

0/10

Although I voted 7/10 when I assumed I saw Ike. Dammit!
#16liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:00:25 AM
McFinder posted...
Needs more Isaac, less Dixie. Also, no Ike?

0/10

Although I voted 7/10 when I assumed I saw Ike. Dammit!

HA!
---
#17Cookie_AromaPosted 2/23/2013 8:06:14 AM
+1 for being somewhat interesting with characters like Hades
+1 for being the last one

3/10

If you can draw, you should move on and try your hand at making moveset pictures. They're more entertaining than rosters, and there hasn't been any on this board in a while. Actually, I might try one myself one of these days. . .
#18liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:11:23 AM
Cookie_Aroma posted...
+1 for being somewhat interesting with characters like Hades
+1 for being the last one

3/10

If you can draw, you should move on and try your hand at making moveset pictures. They're more entertaining than rosters, and there hasn't been any on this board in a while. Actually, I might try one myself one of these days. . .

And I shall rate it as unfairly as you rated my roster.

Good day, sir.
---
#19liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 8:25:31 AM
UberPyro64 posted...

Both Ness and Lucas are equaly important in the series. Yes Ness is the Original 12 but shouldn't be overlooked that they share equal importance.

Falco has already been in 2 games. Why remove him now? Just give him a few new moves and you're good.

Toon Link is most likely not going anywhere with TWWHD announcement. But you never know here.

I would take out Bowser Jr, Tingle, Ghirahim and Mii for the 4 to be added back.

Also really disagree about Hades over Palutena. He could get in as a third rep for sure if Sakurai thinks it deserves it but other then that no.

Overall 5/10.

So basically your roster, just without Mega Man. lol -__-
---
#20UberPyro64Posted 2/23/2013 8:29:09 AM(edited)
liveman789 posted...
UberPyro64 posted...

Overall 5/10.

So basically your roster, just without Mega Man. lol -__-

No lol. Dillon is fine too. And if Ike and Lucario were both cut then that would be fine. I just see them having equal chances as all. And Hades would be fine as a third KI rep but not second.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png