This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Smash Kart

#1pokemonynstynPosted 2/23/2013 3:11:46 PM
Now I know this topic has probably been thought of before, but how would you feel about a Super Smash Kart? Not a game to take away from Super Smash Bros, but rather an expansion of the Smash brand into other genres as projects by other development teams?

Now, I love Mario Kart, but something about it just seems too happy. I've played Sonic All-Stars Racing recently and I must say, there's a much stronger appeal to me to racing across all of Sega's universes with various characters, and I think that's something the Super Smash brand and the Kart brand could both really benefit from.

Am I the only one who's like to see the Smash roster come together and race in each others' worlds?
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/2napa1k.png
Nobody does their job better than GameFAQs moderators
#2RyoukaiPosted 2/23/2013 4:19:19 PM
This idea's been thrown around before, but I still think it could be an interesting change of pace from yearly Mario Kart releases.

It might be kinda weird having to tone Captain Falcon down a little though.
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
#3MaximumCheddarPosted 2/23/2013 4:29:39 PM
Ryoukai posted...
This idea's been thrown around before, but I still think it could be an interesting change of pace from yearly Mario Kart releases.

Yearly? What? Since when have Mario Karts been yearly releases?
#4liveman789Posted 2/23/2013 4:30:23 PM
Ryoukai posted...

For this specific game, I think it'd be suitable if Captain Falcon just sprinted. He could even sprint on water and in the air.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#5MichaelollPosted 2/23/2013 4:30:27 PM
Daisy would DEFINITELY be playable.

Daisy is obviously more important to the mario kart franchise than waluigi ever will be.

2/3 the fastest characters in mkw?!

do you people even know HOW many copies were SOLD and how big of a game it was?

daisy players all online..

waluigi voted second to least common character seen on mkw wi fi only losing to birdo...

daisy got her own baby....

mario kart 7 [greatest game ever for cutting that filler waluigi] has daisy and daisy courses and no new peachcourses HAHA

mario kart double dash.. need i say more?? HI IM DAISY
#6pokemonynstyn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:36:40 PM
Ryoukai posted...

Exactly. As much as I like Mario Kart, once they've perfected the formula, there's only so much they can do with new courses. I loved the time I spent with MK7, but that time ran out pretty darn fast, whereas I had been playing MKWii for like a year. I can't help but think it's going to be the same with Mario Kart U.

I think Super Smash Kart would be a really nice and welcome departure from that.
---
#7Elec Man EXEPosted 2/23/2013 7:35:59 PM
Naming it Smash would be odd I think, but I agree that a Nintendo All-Stars Racing type game would be awesome. I would love to race as Kirby through a Pokemon-based stage while launching Bombchus at opponents.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#8pokemonynstyn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:53:51 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
Naming it Smash would be odd I think, but I agree that a Nintendo All-Stars Racing type game would be awesome. I would love to race as Kirby through a Pokemon-based stage while launching Bombchus at opponents.

I could see calling it Smash going both ways. On the one hand, it could be too closely associated with the fighting game, but on the other hand, I think the "Super Smash" brand is closely associated with it enough that changing the suffix from "Bros." to something else reflecting the change in genre would let the audience know both that it's a Nintendo all-stars type thing (without having the long PSASBR or S&SASR name) while not being the classic fighting game.
---
#9Charizard18Posted 2/23/2013 8:09:39 PM
It'd be a bit odd seeing a few certain characters in race karts, but I think it would work pretty well and some of the characters that have been excluded from Smash in the past like Balloon Fighter or Animal Crossing rep for not being able to fight would finally be able to be included. I'd only accept it though if Balloon Fighter actually raced flying from his balloons, Jigglypuff raced by floating, Falcon got his vehicle etc though. I'm sure it could work.

Racing around an F-Zero track as Pikachu or Ness would be awesome though.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#10pokemonynstyn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 10:56:50 AM
I hadn't thought about that. It would give the chance for characters like Tom Nook or Balloon Fighter to come back and make an appearance. Sakurai doesn't like them in Smash because they wouldn't make great fighters, but there's nothing wrong with them racing.

And I'd love to see what kind of karts people get, too. Like Link could get some sort of wagon vehicle, Samus could get a hovercraft that looks like her spaceship, etc.
---