This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's face the facts.

#11GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/24/2013 5:59:45 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Jigglypuff's more likely to be removed from Smash than Mewtwo is to come back.

Can you show me on the doll where Mewtwo touched you?
Because you have constantly shown complete arrogance and heavily idiotic arguments against him for quite a while now and it's annoyingly pathetic.
#12MrSpacelySlate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:10:38 AM
GoldenYuiitusin posted...
Because you have constantly shown complete arrogance and heavily idiotic arguments against him for quite a while now and it's annoyingly pathetic.

Clearly you like looking at Mewtwo in despicable ways, otherwise you wouldn't ask me such a stupid question.

But I expected this. It's the Smash Bros board.
#13GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/25/2013 9:14:38 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Clearly you like looking at Mewtwo in despicable ways, otherwise you wouldn't ask me such a stupid question.

But I expected this. It's the Smash Bros board.

I am now convinced you were dropped when you were an infant to not have a basic understanding of satire.

Though seriously, all your points have been nothing but idiocy. I mean really, comparing the Japanese title of the upcoming film to the dub title of Lucario's film in terms of "who's the star", when the original Japanese title of Lucario's movie has him at the end?
And speaking of dub titles, how about Giratina and the Sky Warrior? Shaymin isn't even mentioned by name (only as the "Sky Warrior"), but is the main protagonist, not Giratina. Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice? Isn't Keldeo the star, not Kyurem? There isn't even any direct reference to him in the title, as only Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virzion were "Swords of Justice" while Keldeo was trying to be one.

As for Jigglypuff being "higher priority", you do realize that Jigglypuff was a lazy add-on that saved time, right? Its model and animations were directly ported from Melee while given a few touch ups. This is evident with Jigglypuff's air dodge animation ending with a transition into helpless state as Melee air dodges ended with helpless while Brawl air dodges didn't. Same with 64, Jigglypuff was an edit of Kirby's model.
Mewtwo in both cases would require a new model and animations.
#14MrSpacelySlate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:52:00 PM
Though seriously, all your points have been nothing but idiocy. I mean really, comparing the Japanese title of the upcoming film to the dub title of Lucario's film in terms of "who's the star", when the original Japanese title of Lucario's movie has him at the end?
And speaking of dub titles, how about Giratina and the Sky Warrior? Shaymin isn't even mentioned by name (only as the "Sky Warrior"), but is the main protagonist, not Giratina. Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice? Isn't Keldeo the star, not Kyurem? There isn't even any direct reference to him in the title, as only Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virzion were "Swords of Justice" while Keldeo was trying to be one.

As for Jigglypuff being "higher priority", you do realize that Jigglypuff was a lazy add-on that saved time, right? Its model and animations were directly ported from Melee while given a few touch ups. This is evident with Jigglypuff's air dodge animation ending with a transition into helpless state as Melee air dodges ended with helpless while Brawl air dodges didn't. Same with 64, Jigglypuff was an edit of Kirby's model.

Last time I checked, they only threw in Mewtwo for the same reason Charizard and Dragonite are relevant again: Ratings are low, and they have to pad through filler before Gen 6 starts. It's pretty friggin' obvious given how much new Gen 1 merchandise we're getting this year when we barely had any in 2012.

And you realize that Mewtwo was planned as the last Pokemon added for Melee and Brawl? He didn't have a good chance to begin with. In fact, him being in Melee and being close to being in Brawl were strokes of good luck, considering those games were rushed.
#15UberPyro64Posted 2/25/2013 8:53:58 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Jigglypuff's less likely to be removed from Smash than Mewtwo is to come back.

Fixed.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#16ViewtifulGenePosted 2/25/2013 9:25:26 PM(edited)
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Last time I checked, they only threw in Mewtwo for the same reason Charizard and Dragonite are relevant again: Ratings are low, and they have to pad through filler before Gen 6 starts. It's pretty friggin' obvious given how much new Gen 1 merchandise we're getting this year when we barely had any in 2012.

And you realize that Mewtwo was planned as the last Pokemon added for Melee and Brawl? He didn't have a good chance to begin with. In fact, him being in Melee and being close to being in Brawl were strokes of good luck, considering those games were rushed.

Yes because that is the only possible explanation for 1st gen receiving more promotion. You know because you work for Gamefreak.
Lots of compelling evidence that Mewtwo was chosen based on luck you have there.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#17GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/25/2013 10:44:06 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Snip.

Heh, there's no way you're serious, good joke. You really had me fooled.
Wait, you ARE serious? Man, I thought you were an idiot before, now, I just can't comprehend the level of stupidity.

Last time you CHECKED? Oh, so you skipped on over to Japan, went to TV Tokyo, and asked them what the deal was with Charizard, Dragonite, and Mewtwo appearing in the anime, and they told you it was because they are desperate for ratings?
Did you forget that more than just them have been brought in, including more Pokemon from other Generations?
Do you know why? BECAUSE OF B/W2! B/W2 mixed the old with the new from the start.
And guess what? YOU CAN CATCH WILD DRAGONITE IN IT. That's why Iris, the supposed DRAGON TRAINER was given one in the anime.
As for Charizard and Mewtwo, they are two of the most marketable and popular Pokemon in the world. Fans have been waiting for Ash's Charizard to come back, and now it's going to. And Mewtwo? Did you really think the directors of the anime were going to miss the chance to have two evil organization-made Pokemon duke it out in a "faraway city" that resembles New York? (Hint, that's where Mewtwo has been since Returns) Ever since Genesect's reveal, fans have constantly discussed the two of them as "counterparts" of sorts and commonly depict them on the battlefield. Seems to me that Mewtwo vs. Genesect being an actual movie is more of a "sure, why not?" in response to the fans than some random scheme to ride on the coattails of the 1st Gen.

And you seriously believe that Mewtwo was the last Pokemon added to Melee? Are you forgetting that Pichu was a clone? The clones were the very last characters added to the game, moron! Or did you forget when Sakurai flat out said that they were added late in development to help increase the roster?
Aside from that, Melee wasn't rushed. The reason for the clones was because there was extra time. If there wasn't, we would've just have the 19 (20 counting Sheik) others with possibly one other non-clone (most likely Dedede).
#18MrSpacelySlate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 11:15:48 PM

Go to bed, kid, you got school in the morning. You don't have time to argue about a boring OC donut steel over the Internet.
#19GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/25/2013 11:58:30 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...

Go to bed, kid, you got school in the morning. You don't have time to argue about a boring OC donut steel over the Internet.

So you don't have any sort of weak counterargument to support your already weak points, and thus resort to trolling.
It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.
*bursts into maniacal laughter*
#20MaggirusPosted 2/26/2013 12:36:07 AM
Fun fact: Jigglypuff was chosen over Mewtwo for SSB, Brawl and SSB4.