If Kirby were to get a fourth rep

#31Charizard18Posted 2/25/2013 1:37:48 PM
COlimar788 posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
Wow.... Character as in....the character in the game of Smash. Does their backstory have anything to do with anything in Smash? No. They are both big flying boss creatures that would not make good fighters in this game.

Please elaborate. What about Ridley would make him unfit as a SSB playable character?

Bosses have been playable, such as Ganondorf. Flying characters have been playable, such as Charizard. Big characters have been playable, such as Bowser. Characters that have previously been in NPC roles in Smash Bros. have become playable, such as Dedede.

The big argument, which seems to be size, is not a factor as Smash has already seen many, many characters resized to fit better, even when that would cause oddities within a series (every Pokemon, Distant Planet's Bulborb when compared to Olimar, etc). Even Ridley himself was resized in Melee to be just a bit larger than Samus.

Giga Bowser became playable too c:

Also, nerf Meta Knight and then add Galacta Knight and make him god tier instead.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#32Blazekicker27Posted 2/25/2013 2:12:56 PM
Bandana Dee seems likelier.

And I don't see how Dyna can possibly be comparable to Ridley.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#33Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 3:30:05 PM
if you think dyna should be a boss you think rdiley should too, no questions asked.
#34Blazekicker27Posted 2/25/2013 4:24:20 PM
Michaeloll posted...
if you think dyna should be a boss you think rdiley should too, no questions asked.

What if I want other Kirby bosses over Dyna and Ridley as a playable character?

And I still don't see how they're comparable. Ridley is one of the most important Metroid characters, whereas Dyna's just some random bird that only appeared in 2 games. And design wise, they're still not that similar.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#35PlasdurockPosted 2/25/2013 6:40:20 PM
The only time Ridley and Dynablade were similar was when Ridley borrowed some of her moveset as a boss in brawl.
---
Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. -Mark Twain
#36GoldenYuiitusinPosted 2/25/2013 6:50:11 PM
Michaeloll posted...

I have a question; by who's standard is that so undeniably correct? I want to know who to smack upside the head.

Big hole in the logic: since they were Dyna Blade's moves to begin with....why WOULDN'T she make more sense to be a boss using those moves, while Ridley is playable using his own?