Most overrated potential newcomer/returning veteran

#51Dustof_DryBonesPosted 2/25/2013 6:28:43 PM(edited)
KingofAwesome69 posted...
An absence from Jungle Beat preventing a character from becoming playable in Smash...imagine that.

Yes, and it's only one of the many factors that could prevent K. Rool from becoming playable as I have stated countless times.

How are we defining mainstream appearances here? Appearing in any game? Appearing in any game that has sold some arbitrary amount deemed 'high'? Because if we're using the former criteria, K. Rool last appeared in 2008 (entirely valid, for people who claim sports games made Diddy "relevant" pre-Brawl), and if we're using the latter, there are far juicier characters to target than K. Rool for lacking mainstream exposure...namely, nearly every non-Little Mac new franchise protagonist whose games sold far less than the DKCs.

DKJB was made by Tokyo EAD and received a lot of attention in Brawl. It's not a spin-off/unimportant. >_>
---
Ahoy, matey!
#52MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/25/2013 8:41:12 PM
How the actual **** is Mewtwo not winning?
#53l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/25/2013 8:42:04 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Ghirahim by a thousand miles.

This.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#54l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/25/2013 8:42:27 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
How the actual **** is Mewtwo not winning?

First off, I don't think that means what you think it means. Second, Ghirahim.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#55MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/25/2013 8:49:45 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
First off, I don't think that means what you think it means. Second, Ghirahim.

Forget flavor of the month for a second. How is the garbage that got tossed out from Brawl not winning this.
#56ChomperJrPosted 2/25/2013 8:56:34 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Ghirahim by a thousand miles.

This.

This...
#57Doug314Posted 2/26/2013 1:07:06 AM
Chrom since too many people either assume he'll be in or assume that no FE characters that aren't sword lords stand a chance, either of which is just ridiculous. Even Ghirahim most people are just using wishful thinking that want him and don't really expect him.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#58CharizardFirePosted 2/26/2013 1:31:22 AM
Why are Toad and Genesect not in this poll?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#59ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/26/2013 2:06:40 AM
Ghirahim. He's wasn't a bad villain, but he seems like such a generic flamboyant anime character.

Mewtwo is awesome.
#60Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:52:54 PM
IngSlayer, I already explained why Diddy got in.

Unless you can prove that this mysterious criteria of relevancy mattered to Sakurai, I could just as easily point to a myriad of other things that influenced Sakurai's decision more than a character's relevancy.

I never said relevancy was all that mattered. Most of those characters listed got in for several other reasons. But it does matter. Saying that it doesn't matter is wrong given past history.

Why are Toad and Genesect not in this poll?

Toad receives a lot of hate on this board. Far more than Bowser Jr. Genesect fans don't believe he's a shoo-in (well most of them).
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!