Medusa

#11fuzi11Posted 2/26/2013 1:33:02 AM
Green Mamba posted...
Maetch posted...
LordAlistair posted...
The next KI game should involve Medusa coming back and making Hades her ***** for trying to take over while she was gone.

Except that Hades has already proved that he can crush Medusa with almost no effort, then bring her back and kill her again and again just for self-amusement.

Medusa in Uprising is heavily implied to be weaker than she was in the original Kid Icarus and the Medusa vs. Hades idol states very plainly that the Medusa that punches Hades' head off at the end of Uprising was a Medusa's spirit lingering after being defeated by Pit in Chapter 9 and was heavily underpowered.

Not saying that she at full power could have defeated Hades though--we know Hades is among the most powerful gods depicted in Kid Icarus mythology (Dyntos is the only one who appears to be definitively more powerful barring whatever the status of Zeus currently is) and Medusa seems to be on Palutena's level--they can both get the upper hand on one another at different times, but neither is necessarily more powerful than the other.

But man do I hate how Uprising treats Medusa and the 3 Sacred Treasures. Just a complete lack of respect for their history in the series. The image on Hades's Treasure Hunt was just needless knife twisting.

Well, i liked medusas appearence in uprising. It could have been better, but well... she could have gotten the m&m treatment
#12DasDavidPosted 2/26/2013 1:42:54 AM
I honestly just prefer Hades for his personality as a villain, this doesn't really say anything about his chances, just my hopes.

I guess yeah, Medusa "deserves" it more, but I still think her chances are more slim than Palutena's.
#13GenoPosted 2/26/2013 6:31:07 AM
Green Mamba posted...
But man do I hate how Uprising treats Medusa and the 3 Sacred Treasures. Just a complete lack of respect for their history in the series. The image on Hades's Treasure Hunt was just needless knife twisting.

I like what Sakurai did to everything in the series. It pays tribute to the past games, but isn't afraid to do its own thing. I didn't at any point in playing through the game several times see what could have been an iota of disrespect. If anything, the game respects the originals pretty heavily.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#14JangobadassPosted 2/26/2013 10:07:52 AM
Green Mamba posted...

Thaaaat's Sakurai!
---
Lara Croft in an M rated game?
ho boy...
#15LordYggdrasilXXPosted 2/26/2013 10:34:51 AM
It took Pit the three sacred treatures to destroy Medusa, but Hades destroys them very easily, she is like SSJ Goku while Hades is SSJ3 Goku. Medusa's hope of ever defeating Hades is to outsmart him, but Hades is also intelligent.