Poll: Would you welcome a Pac-Man stage?

#1ShadowMegaman1Posted 2/25/2013 12:32:43 PM(edited)
Would you like a Pac-Man stage? - Results (37 votes)
Yes
78.38% (29 votes)
No
10.81% (4 votes)
Indifferent
10.81% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Many here talk about Pac-Man as a playable character, but what about something more benign? As in, a Pac-Man stage. Think about it, a retro stage in the same vein as 75m and Mario Bros., but obviously centered around Pac-Man. Perhaps Pac-Man and the Ghost Gang play stage obstacles in this stage, who knows - there are a lot of ideas that could be had with such a stage. Maybe even throw in some other Namco tracks. Have fun with your own imaginations.

A nice little tribute to Namco and one of the most famous video games of all time. Personally, I wouldn't mind a stage in and of itself. When you start talking about Pac-Man as a character, that is when I start pulling back.
#2Elec Man EXEPosted 2/25/2013 12:38:06 PM
Yes. While I do dislike the idea of PM as a character, I would welcome a stage with open arms. Like you said, retro style stage in the style of 75m / Mario Bros. featuring the first level of Pac Man, can't get much more iconic than that.

I just hope the hazards aren't as overbearing as the ones in Mario Bros.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#3Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/25/2013 1:31:58 PM
I'm sure that stage would be about as welcome as Mario Bros was as a stage in Brawl. Everyone loved that stage, right? ....right?
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#4Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/25/2013 1:35:41 PM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
I'm sure that stage would be about as welcome as Mario Bros was as a stage in Brawl. Everyone loved that stage, right? ....right?

We really don't know. It depends how they develop it. Because Mario Bros. is based on a game from more or less the same time doesn't mean this one will be equal. It cannot be proven unless it is actually created.
#5PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/25/2013 1:37:43 PM
Only if there are ghost hazards.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#6Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/25/2013 1:38:19 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...

We really don't know. It depends how they develop it. Because Mario Bros. is based on a game from more or less the same time doesn't mean this one will be equal. It cannot be proven unless it is actually created.

Wasn't really commenting on when it was made so much as the stage structure itself. Unless all those potential walls and ceilings were just a part of the background and not something the player actually had to deal with. Though a single player, race-to-the-finish-esque mode might work.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/25/2013 2:08:06 PM

I really liked that stage, it was fun smashing my friends in to the crabs and whacking the POW block, plus it looked interesting to me.

And yeah, I'd like a Pacman stage, but only if he's playable. Otherwise, it would feel like a tease. Like if Capcom had a Wily Castle stage and got Ryu as their playable rep.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Start > Spam Up B > Win
#8a_fartn_SpartanPosted 2/25/2013 2:11:43 PM
Considering Snake and Sonic got stages, I'd expect it. Plus a Pac-man stage could possibly turn out pretty cool. I have full faith in the development team to make a Pac-man stage we like.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#9PlasmaCannonPosted 2/25/2013 2:13:11 PM

It's my favorite stage in the entire Smash Bros series.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#10trenton97Posted 2/25/2013 2:13:23 PM
That sounds incredible. I want it huge, the whole maze. Also,

PaulMalucciMD posted...
Only if there are ghost hazards.

---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.