This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So does anyone think Nintendo will create a way to use gamecube controllers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. So does anyone think Nintendo will create a way to use gamecube controllers?
3 years ago#1
I grew up with melee, loved having the same controller in Brawl, and I really hope I don't have to let those go and learn new controls.
3 years ago#2
It'd be amazing, but I'd be fine using the pro controller or the gamepad.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
3 years ago#3
Codarus posted...
I grew up with melee, loved having the same controller in Brawl, and I really hope I don't have to let those go and learn new controls.

Sakurai DID say in an interview that he thinks "there's more ways to play Super Smash Bros than with just a GameCube controller". I personally don't mind, since I use Wiimote + Nunchuk. GameCube is just a tad confusing for me- *shot*
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
3 years ago#4
Gamecube was two systems ago.

It's time to move on.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
3 years ago#5
LordAlistair posted...

It's time to move on.

---
For Let's Plays, Walkthroughs, and Gameplay videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStitchRS
3 years ago#6
LordAlistair posted...

It's time to move on.

And I hope Nintendo realizes that.

Epic controller or not, developing an entire system for making it usable on a piece of hardware two generations later just isn't worth it, people will play regardless and they'll adapt just fine.

And I don't want that to sound mean, I just think it's true.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Start > Spam Up B > Win
3 years ago#7
I used the GC controller for Brawl, but that was more because I don't have a Classic Controller (and Wiimote just doesn't have enough buttons and namely is missing a C-Stick) than because I refused to change. I do really like the GC controller and think its one of the best controllers, but I'm OK with changing it up as long as I have a similar gamepad type controller to use.

When Smash4 comes out I guess I'll be forced to get a Classic Controller of some sort.

Actually, I'm curious about that. If I bought a WiiU Classic Controller (or whatever they're called) would I be able to use it with Brawl, or does it only work with WiiU games? It'd be nice to get one so I could practice with it a bit beforehand, but obviously if it wouldn't work with Wii games that wouldn't be an option (and getting an old CC seems like it'd be a bad move since I'm sure eventually games will require the WiiU one).
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
3 years ago#8
LordAlistair posted...

It's time to move on.

Seriously. What ever happened to humans being adaptable.

And besides, the classic controller pro and the Wii U pro controller are basically the same thing with an improved button layout anyway.
---
"Yeah! For what it's worth, I'm willing to unleash the power of the pants!"
-Quote by Neemon, in Digimon Frontier episode 43
3 years ago#9
LordAlistair posted...

It's time to move on.

Never thought I would agree with you.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
3 years ago#10
It may be a bit pricey, but I'm sure by the time this game comes out there will be 3rd party adapters for the GC controllers (or replicas) you could find. That's just kind of a guess though.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. So does anyone think Nintendo will create a way to use gamecube controllers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived