So does anyone think Nintendo will create a way to use gamecube controllers?

#41JawbonePosted 2/27/2013 4:42:18 PM
LordAlistair posted...
Gamecube was two systems ago.

It's time to move on.

I agree totally, but nobody should forget how butthurt some people were after Brawl wasn't Melee 2.0 Butthurt to the equivalent feeling that Sakurai destroyed their parents or other loved ones. In fact, the ONLY time I've ever seen a gaming community madder than this was with Diablo 3.

If people are going to actually program Brawl to be Melee 2.0 due to sheer spite, you better believe they will find some way to be able to use a gamecube controller.
---
Death: It's what you get for living.
#42Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/27/2013 4:47:12 PM
I remember when trolls were original
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#43Doug314Posted 2/27/2013 5:06:08 PM
A newer controller is a chance for an improvement. A gamecube controller works well for the current games, but imagine if there are new game mechanics and you need a new controller to work well with them. Change isn't always a bad thing. As much as I like the gamecube controller, even it I'd rather finally get to move on to something new than just keep using forever. Games can actually be even more fun for a while when you don't already know the controller really well. It's like adding extra depth that's easy to understand and improve yourself on.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#44MaetchPosted 2/27/2013 5:31:07 PM
No. Their recent line of Wii models don't even play GameCube games anymore, so I take it as the official sign that Nintendo's completely done with the GameCube.
#45ExcIusivity69Posted 2/27/2013 5:35:52 PM
Ketchup799 posted...
It'd be awesome if we could use GC controllers for the next Smash, but I really doubt we'll be able to. They did us a favor by allowing us to use them on Brawl, and i'm happy enough for that.

The Wii U doesn't have any controller ports at all.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#46PlasmaCannonPosted 2/27/2013 5:38:35 PM
ExcIusivity69 posted...
Ketchup799 posted...
It'd be awesome if we could use GC controllers for the next Smash, but I really doubt we'll be able to. They did us a favor by allowing us to use them on Brawl, and i'm happy enough for that.

The Wii U doesn't have any controller ports at all.

So that means all of it's controllers are wireless?!
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#47SmallerRidleyPosted 2/27/2013 7:55:48 PM
It has USB ports. Not sure if it can take 3rd party controllers though. Probably not.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods