This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Fire Emblem DLC is a Smash reference

#11Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/25/2013 6:07:50 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
Geno posted...
Sounds to me like the devs are fans of Smash and are putting in Smash references 'cause they like Smash and it got green lit as DLC?

I wouldn't look that deep into it.

Its more than likely something the localization team had fun with and nothing more.

You guys are SO BORING.
#12Ari917Posted 2/25/2013 6:09:43 PM
I'm totally teaming up with Ike!
#13DynasticAnthonyPosted 2/25/2013 6:10:09 PM
chrome confirm
---
Hayley Williams <3333333
Tharja is my wife <3333333
#14xgiraffes13xPosted 2/25/2013 6:34:59 PM
Cute little reference I got while watching the Nintendo Direct; while they were talking about the game I saw the part with Marth, Roy and Ike. :3
---
Retros for Smash: Lip, Little Mac, Sukapon, Takamaru! :3
I want another Star Fox and a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine!
#15MoxRavagerPosted 2/25/2013 7:12:41 PM
If you didn't post a link I wouldn't have believed you.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#16albertojz356Posted 2/25/2013 9:42:08 PM
Chrom sides with one and annihilates the other then he sides with the other and finishes his previous partner. Finally both team against Chrom but he defeats both. However all the unlockables in that DLC series are females so it's a symbol hinting there will be a female newcomer for the FE series in Smash Bros 4 but she will be unlockable. Finally this is just a light hearted post so don't take it seriously.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#17Doug314Posted 2/26/2013 12:32:49 AM
Ugh, other games don't do things with smash bros. in mind. Any relation to almost all of this and what's done in smash bros. is just a coincidence. Sakurai isn't even the one making the FE game and they probably wouldn't take into consideration what Sakurai's plans are in making their game. Are you guys really so hungry for new information about this game that you'd just make up reasons where they don't exist?
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#18a_fartn_SpartanPosted 2/26/2013 1:02:16 AM
Not to put a damper on anyone's excitement, but this could just say that Chrom is in Smash. Or even that "brethren" is just meant in the sense that they are all of royal blood or some **** (I don't follow FE much).

I wouldn't take this as Ike or Roy confirmed (along with Chrom) because 4 FE reps is pretty high and there's no way Marth could leave. The whimsical side of me wants to believe that Chrom is confirmed, but we already knew he was really likely.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#19SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:11:58 AM(edited)
Doug314 posted...
Ugh, other games don't do things with smash bros. in mind. Any relation to almost all of this and what's done in smash bros. is just a coincidence. Sakurai isn't even the one making the FE game and they probably wouldn't take into consideration what Sakurai's plans are in making their game. Are you guys really so hungry for new information about this game that you'd just make up reasons where they don't exist?

The reference is obvious. It is, without a doubt, a reference to Smash. It's using the word "Smash" and featuring two Smashers who have a meta reason to fight.

I don't think it has any deeper meaning beyond being an inside joke. It's possible that the translation may add some hints, but that's unlikely.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#20JunDagekiPosted 2/26/2013 10:34:29 AM
While i think Chrom has his chances, I think this is just an easter egg, not an hint or anything related to Smash4.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.