Most underrated Nintendo Franchise?

#51NessInEagleland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 2:11:42 AM
Going to reply to this post in real time.

First off don't cop an attitude with me as I'm not trying to give one towards you.

Needlessly pushing a resolved subject and reclaiming it's on me to find out more about this company was kind of asking to bring out my snarky attitude. Finding out who the company was out of interest is fair to say. But as you put it "Yes actually you DO have to explain who locomotive is" was challenging my side of the argument.

The question brought up was if Star Tropics was third party and you said no but gaming sites list another company as a developer which doesn't directly prove you wrong

Right, to which i proved these sites were misinformed with substantial evidence. And then further proved it by providing an adequate example of a game that predates star tropics that WAS made by a 3rd party.

but brings up another question of who are these guys and why are they credited for something if they don't even show it anywhere on the product.

It's of interest, but was irrelevant to my argument. therefore I needn't answer nor care.

And thats not to sound rude towards you. I just would rather not humor the misinformed person bashing on the poll I made.

You listed Star Tropics in the poll and that user had a problem with it (although some of his comments towards you were uncalled for imo)

I do appreciate that sentiment,

I really only jumped into this argument because I was curious myself as I always thought Star Tropics was made by Nintendo and never heard of the other company until I read the argument and checked GameFAQs to confirm this. So if I came off a bit rash I apologize as that wasn't my intention.

I appreciate the apology. And I'll admit, the mystery behind this company is interesting when I look past the fact that it was used as a tool to discredit my side of the argument.

I can't offer much on this elusive "locomotive". I would imagine they are a bogus game company that is crediting themselves to make an impressive resume. And i can only gather that because even other games listed like Transformers: Beat Wars, have other 3rd party developers credited in their place as well. (Bam! entertainment to be specific)

Genyo Takeda has always been and still is employed exclusively with Nintendo, and was part of Nintendo's R&D3 at the time of making Startropics (which at the time was named Nintendo Integrated Research & Development and then later changed). He also directed Punch-Out!! and was last credited as being a supervisor for Punch-Out!! on the Wii.
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.
#52PlanetvideogamePosted 2/27/2013 6:20:24 AM
Going by # of games: Mother/Earthbound
Going by cultural recognition: F-Zero
---
#53lighting_rock84Posted 2/27/2013 10:33:06 AM
Okay guys after some research here are some things I found about Locomotive, They're a Nintendo Development branch who also worked on Super Punch Out, Their team was also known as Nintendo R&D3 who main job was to create games meant Western gamers.
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
Pokemon White FC:0132-4106-0107
#54NessInEagleland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:48:38 AM
lighting_rock84 posted...
Okay guys after some research here are some things I found about Locomotive, They're a Nintendo Development branch who also worked on Super Punch Out, Their team was also known as Nintendo R&D3 who main job was to create games meant Western gamers.

but then why are they credited for games like Transformers: Beast Wars?
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.