Fire Emblem's fanbase alone is enough to make you hate the series

#1GreatJallopiPosted 2/26/2013 12:24:49 PM
All over this board, all the Fire Emblem fans try to pretend like FE is as important of a franchise as Mario or Zelda, just because Awakening was a successful release. This, of course, is hilarious, because these same fans insist that the series is underrated, despite a delusional take on the importance of the series.

And then there's all the people who say Chrom is GUARANTEED (which might be close to true, but is a cocky statement), but at the same time insist that there's NO WAY Ike will be cut. And despite Sakurai expressing that the roster won't be much larger than Brawl, the FE fans insist that FE will have a whopping four reps. Why is FE deserving of as many reps as Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon? And at least among the aforementioned franchises, the characters are almost entirely different from one another, whereas the "four FE characters" are all sword users.

You guys need to give it a rest. FE isn't nearly as big as you make it out to be. How about we give chances to unrepresented franchises, or additional reps to more deserving franchises with only one, rather than give four to a completely overrated franchise?
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/26/2013 12:27:01 PM
lol
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#3LordAlistairPosted 2/26/2013 12:29:40 PM(edited)
Given that Star Fox has three reps I don't think expecting three for Fire Emblem is out of the question. It's really just Roy fanboys who accept he won't get in over Ike and Chrom who are trying to push four.

Also, you're assuming Mario and Zelda will have the same number of reps as they did in Brawl.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#4GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:29:16 PM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
lol

Queue the FE fanboys with no legitimate argument.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#5IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/26/2013 12:29:19 PM
time to petition for TWO MORE Fire Emblem characters
---
|N|M|E|
#6liveman789Posted 2/26/2013 12:30:00 PM
In my opinion, Pokemon should get 4 reps again, and Fire Emblem should have 3 this time. No more than that, there are other franchises. Some of the fanboys of both franchises don't seem to be able to understand that.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#7Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/26/2013 12:32:08 PM
GreatJallopi posted...
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...
lol

Queue the FE fanboys with no legitimate argument.

You, sir, are a riot. Keep it up.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#8GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:32:41 PM
LordAlistair posted...
Given that Star Fox has three reps I don't think expecting three for Fire Emblem is out of the question.

Also, you're assuming Mario and Zelda will have the same number of reps as they did in Brawl.

The lifetime sales of the Star Fox series are great than those of Fire Emblem. Plus Star Fox was more relevant during Brawl's development with the release of Command (which the character models were based off of). FE has never made the legendary impact Star Fox did.

And I say four for Mario and Zelda because Mario has covered all major characters, and the Zelda series struggles to find a worthy fourth slot.
---
#9UberPyro64Posted 2/26/2013 12:37:33 PM
I'm willing to bet Mario and Zelda will have 4 and Pokemon might push 5.

Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox and Fire Emblem will have 3 as max.

Metroid, Kid Icarus and Mother will all be good with 2.

Yoshi, Wario, Pikmin and F-Zero will be stuck with 1.

No new series will get more than 1.

That's what I think we will get.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6329/ssb4february2013rosterr.png
#10ViewtifulGenePosted 2/26/2013 12:43:48 PM
NEWS FLASH: A Fire Emblem newcomer and newcomers for unrepresented series are not mutually exclusive.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong